Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern about radiation from Fitbit trackers

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I was considering buying a fitbit flex and I wanted to know the amount of radiation I was going to be exposed to.  I was wondering if when I turned off the automatic syncing, it would reduce the amount of radiation I was exposed to at all.  Or would the amount remain the same no matter what? 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

It's a couple of years old and has no other name than "fitbit" on the back. Probably one of the first.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is an android phone compatible. Two weeks without now. No more Afib. No scientific proof but anecdotal.
Sent from my Boost Mobile Phone.
Best Answer

Thanks for responding. That could have been very serious for you. Glad you feel better!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from my Boost Mobile Phone.
Best Answer

Hi, what is the EMF, SAR levels for the fitbit inspire whilst Bluetooth is off and whilst Bluetooth is on? Thanks, Jayan 

Best Answer

I know that this is old, but I had to chime in. ALL radiation has been proven to cause cellular damage in animals. Even low frequency RF. The studies on humans is very conflicting with some for and some against. No study provides enough evidence to definitively determine one way or the other.

There are some facts about radiation that stay true regardless. 

It would cost the world billions to back track now.

The closer you are to the radiation, the more damage it does. This includes watches, phones etc. 

Cellular (Cell) Phones (cancer.org)

Large studies published in 2018 by the US National Toxicology Program (NTP) and by the Ramazzini Institute in Italy exposed groups of lab rats (as well as mice, in the case of the NTP study) to RF waves over their entire bodies for many hours a day, starting before birth and continuing for most or all of their natural lives. Both studies found an increased risk of uncommon heart tumors called malignant schwannomas in male rats, but not in female rats (nor in male or female mice, in the NTP study). The NTP study also reported possible increased risks of certain types of tumors in the brain and in the adrenal glands.

There are more studies on the page I linked as well as more all over the internet on what studies that have been done. Not a single one of them can count out the possibility that radiation from phones, watches or other devices cause tumors, cancer etc. 

Bottom line. Animals do indeed take damage from RF, ionizing, none ionizing, etc radiation. Humans don't have enough studies to determine, but all studies done do not come to the conclusion that they do or do not.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about our Fitbit devices. I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread from further comments.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and if you need further assistance, you can always get in touch with our Support team. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes