Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete friend messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can u delete messages from friends?
Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

Welcome aboard @bryonb23. It sounds like a good idea, so I was able to find a Feature Request that supports your comment. Click on this thread and vote for this idea! Robot Happy

Any other questions, contact me back.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

I have messages on mine from as far back as 329 days, is there a way to get this resolved?

Best Answer

Messages do not delete after 30 days - I have messages from 75 days ago.

Best Answer

My messages from a year ago are now showing up.  What happened? They are not deleting after 30 days.  Help.

Best Answer

As usual with app updates, there was a glitch of some kind.  Not only did messages from 30+ days not delete, they're showing as new messages with a constant reminder.  Now what?

Best Answer

Seems they don't delete after 30 days.  I have ones older than 90 days.

@Melissa wrote:

Yes @CSJ888 , your friend's messages get deleted automatically after 30 days. I will pass on your inquiry as feedback to our team members so they can take another option in consideration.

I appreciate your time posting this. I wish you the best!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Melissa (since you've been responding regularly to this thread),

I have messages that are as old as 427 days and worse yet, I have 34 new notifications when I open the "friends" portion of the app, yet there are no new messages or friend requests.  Since the app thinks there are new messages, when I open the friends portion to see how many steps my friends are getting, it automatically slides over to the messages portion on my iPhone5S, which is terribly frustrating.

Please provide guidance on how to fix this bug.

Thank you,

Kevin

Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured out the fix (myself)

Trough your phone logout of Fitbit and then log back in (make sure you remember your password)
It will erase all message pass 30 days and remove all those friend people.

Hope it works for everyone!

Kim

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have a message marked 367 days ago - still no way to delete manually.  They just roll on and on.  I don't know where the 30 day idea originated.

Best Answer
On your phone logout of Fitbit and then log back on, make sure you remember your password and that should fix.

I did it yesterday and it worked for me. It also deleted the number on the friends icon.

Hope it works for you!

Kim

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I have had my Fitbit for 17 months and messages were deleted after 30 days. This weekend every message I have sent and received has showed up and there is a huge number on my friend icon saying I have that many messages
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to fix mine by logging out of my Fitbit app on my phone and then logged back on (make sure to remember your password) it should fix your problem.

Let me know if it works for you.

Kim

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it does not
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Kim!  Your suggestion worked great for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked for me! Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Awesome recommendation @acuffkim! I appreciate you sharing this with all of us. I'll make sure to pass this on to other users and out team.

Keep up the good work! Robot Happy

Best Answer
It worked! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent! Keep up the good work then @cheb01Robot Happy

Best Answer