Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete friend messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can u delete messages from friends?
Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

didn't work! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Kim so I tried that and it deleted some messages but not recent ones from a day or so ago any recommendations?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please allow us to delete messages manually I don't want messages i've already read staying there for 30 days

Regards Emma 

Best Answer

I'd also like to be able to delete the daily "overachiever!" messages (or better yet, not get them). I deliberately set my goal lower while I'm trying to pace with a chronic illness. 

Best Answer
My messages have been there for over 2 years now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Google XL phone just updated to a 9. How do I delete all my friends? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and nothing happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have messages from 45 days ago and they still have not automatically been deleted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I keep getting friend request from old men who have no history. I would
like to not get any more request?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @tina0416 @Mineiscorrect, welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

@tina0416, Have you tried to log out of the Fitbit app and log back in and see if the messages go away? Try it out and let me know how it goes.

@Mineiscorrect, unfortunately, at the moment, there is no way to prevent someone from sending you a friend request. I can suggest simply ignoring the suggestion by clicking on the Ingore button and that should prevent them from contacting you.

If you guys need more help, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess what, y'all? Freaking 2019 and we still can't delete messages or even flag inappropriate ones for deletion.

Got some thirsty AF men wanting phone numbers suddenly when I say I'm married, I'm married. Why would I lie? We just celebrated 12 years over the weekend. Really don't need men asking my phone number on Fitbit, bad enough it happens on Facebook when I don't post a pic of me at all on there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There are men that keep wanting to be my friend . Middle age .men. They
have no steps , no badges, no trophies , And they ask suggestive questions
. I do not appreciate this . This is not a dating site!
Roxanne Self
Best Answer
0 Votes

the guys trying to get my number are looking my father's age. Sure my folks were teenagers when I was born, but **ahem**. 

Need on the app: Report (insert reasons), delete and block.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still get notifications for the one message I have from a friend that is 57 days old and does not fall off. I already logged out from both the app and desktop and still the message is there and the notification keeps popping up. How do I fix this.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has not worked for me.  I also have messages in from 85+ days ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me logging out 

Best Answer
0 Votes

New to Fitbit. How do I log out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is incorrect as I've had the message for 40 days and Fitbit say it can't be deleted !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted support and they said that it’s a problem and they can’t do anything about it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes this is what they have said to me ! I have been able to delete message in the past but have a message for last 40 days and can not get rid of it .. the red notification is constantly annoying me as I think I have a new message but it's just the historic one !! This is poor service from Fitbit and the need get it fixed !

Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you here @Kristinarie10@suzie15@Rckclmbrjess,. Welcome! I will be glad to assist you with your deleting messages inquiry. Thank you for mentioning the steps you have followed in order to correct this. 

Thank you for your feedback and comments. At this time messages can't be deleted. I appreciate your concern regarding the red notification. Our team is aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. 

We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

I appreciate your patience. See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes