Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty connecting with Samsung Galaxy A40

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just got a Samsung Galaxy A40 and cannot connect my Flex 2. Is this phone not compatible? I have tried restarting the pebble and starting the process again without success. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I have exactly the same problems. My Alta HR worked fine with my Samsung A40 until July 2019. Since this date, nothing works. I had uninstalled my app and now it is impossible to pair my Alta HR with my phone.

Please help us !!!

Best Answer

The  mission objective on the Fitbit website states:

"To empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be".

I feel disempowered & cheated as I can no longer use my Fitbit, which is less than a year old.

I'd like to hear how Fitbit proposes to sort this out and when.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share the details of the issue, the troubleshooting done and your experience. Thank you for the efforts to resolve this, I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. It's possible to come across some issues along the way since Samsung A40 is not a supported device for the Fitbit app at this moment. I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience.

You're welcome to contact our Support team, they always try to help in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi,

My Alta HR now seems to be connecting to my Samsung A40. Although the Samsung says 'no device found'  it does now connect & upload data.

Fitbit was helpful & responsive, (although I had  already tried everything they suggested).

As a non-geek, when getting my new phone recently, I didn't realise that I needed to check compatibility with all my devices.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these 2 devices continue to talk to each other.

Enjoy.

Best Answer

Hi @Huggy2, thank you for your reply. 

I am glad to hear your Alta HR is syncing with your Samsung A40 now. Thank you for sharing that you had a good experience with Fitbit Customer Support, I appreciate your time and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences. 

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipes and much more.

Best of luck with your health and wellness goals! Keep on visiting the forums.Robot Happy

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello

It is always impossible for me to connect may Alta HR with my Samsung A40 ... Problem is not solve for every body !!!!

Dominique

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Domi31. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties with connecting the Alta HR with your Samsung A40. Since it is not a supported device for the Fitbit app at this moment, it's possible to come across some issues. If possible, please use a supported device to set up your tracker. 

I recommend checking these helpful tips: What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android device? Move on to troubleshooting steps if the issue persists: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

Thank you for your advice. My Dad just got an A4 & is having problem with his charge 2 as well. Is there an alternate app he could use in the meantime whilst your team work on updating this please?

Not sure if this will help anyone but my current work-around is to log in on his account on my phone & sync it from there.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Charlotte7706.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your Dad is experiencing issue with syncing his Charge 2 tracker to Samsung A40. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and sharing your workaround. While there is no alternate app to sync your Dad's device, you can check the following help article to verify the devices which can be used to sync the tracker: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

I have also had this problem, I have never managed to sync my phone to my Charge 2 and I'm thoroughly disappointed. As in previous comments if I'd have known it wasn't compatible I would never have bought this phone. I was also debating upgrading to a Charge 3, but I wont bother now. I presumed fitbit would work with all the big brands. It does mean that having been told to loose weight by the doctor, and using the nifty  compatibility with WW, I can no longer track my exercise easily and as such cant judge my diet as well. I'm disappointed to see from the web page that Fitbit are prioritising a new apple update issue, but have still not resolved the Samsung A40 issue,  just cause I refuse to spend stupid amounts on a phone doesn't mean I'm less of a customer. Fitbit, pull your finger out and sort this compatibility issue out, perhaps if your dev team should look at the bugs that were raised months ago for their sprints rather than the newer ones, everyone would be happier!

Best Answer

I agree, it's really poor! If they dont resolve it I'll be shopping elsewhere for fitness trackers in future. No point paying for a brand name when you can't use it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @FionaH94. Thank you for your reply, @Charlotte7706. I am sorry for the delayed response.

Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences based on the Community posts. I see where are you coming from and your comments will not go unnoticed. Please consider voting for this Feature Suggestion. Our Feature Suggestions board is a great place to make your ideas heard.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

When is the Galaxy A40 going to be compatible with Fitbit?  I'm gutted it's not otherwise I wouldn't have bought the phone if I'd known that .I need it for my sleep tracker for my insomnia to show my doctor so it's been a few months now looking at other posts. When are you able to get it up and running thank you.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Mummyto3boyz.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your feedback. I totally understand how you are feeling as you need to track your sleep. We don't have a specific date or time-frame of when the Galaxy A40 is going to be listed as compatible, but please keep an eye on this list as our team is constantly updating it. I appreciate your understanding

Best Answer
Try using a sleep ap on your phone instead. I use sleep tracker. It's very
good.
Boogie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Boogaloo1962, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your solution. I really appreciate your time and efforts to help other users.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this! I'd never heard of Garmin but I took a look and they look brilliant! I know what I'll be buying my Dad for Christmas now, Adios Fitbit

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @roadracing. Thank you for your reply, @Charlotte7706. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Your feedback and comments are appreciated. This helps us to keep improving our products and services.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe when google own fitbit things will get sorted out.
Best Answer

I have the same issue. My Fitbit HR only sometimes syncs. In the last couple of weeks it only occasionally finds the Fitbit on Bluetooth. It works with my Ipad so is really frustrating. Please fix as the Samsung A40 has been out for more than 6 months now.

Best Answer