Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty connecting with Samsung Galaxy A40

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just got a Samsung Galaxy A40 and cannot connect my Flex 2. Is this phone not compatible? I have tried restarting the pebble and starting the process again without success. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Hi @Boogaloo1962 Unfortunately your phone is not on the Supported Devices List, so it may not work. Go through THIS Help Article on syncing problems and you may find something that works for you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @Boogaloo1962 and @NellyG , it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums! 

@Boogaloo1962 Congratulations on your new phone! I appreciate your efforts to connect your Flex 2 with your Samsung Galaxy A40. As @NellyG mentioned, it is not a supported device for the Fitbit app at this moment. Now, if a device is not supported by the Fitbit app, it doesn't mean that it won't work with the app entirely, but rather that some of its functions might work intermittently. Our engineering team works really hard to keep up with every new phone and mobile device releases, so our customers can enjoy their trackers to the fullest. I recommend keeping an eye on this page, as it will be listed there when your device is fully supported. If you're unable to set up your device, you can try the troubleshooting steps from this help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

@NellyG thank you for your support!

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello.

I am facing with the same issue with Flex2 + Samsung A40. It seems the initial setup is successful and it is syncing for the very first time, but never after that. Also "Linking with Fitbit App required for connectivity features" screen is always on.

Balazs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @orsib, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums!

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing the difficulties you're experiencing with syncing your tracker with Samsung A40. It's possible to come across some issues along the way since the phone is is not a supported device for the Fitbit app at this moment. I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience.

I recommend checking these tips to improve syncing with your device: What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android device? Move on to troubleshooting steps if the issue persists: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having problems connecting my charge 2 to my new Samsung A40. The app works and it syncs but doesn't recognise the bluetooth connection so my notifications aren't being sent through. This was an extremely useful feature so disappointing that it no longer works. Hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Silverstorm.

Congratulations on your new Samsung A40. Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing the difficulties you're experiencing with receiving notifications on your Charge 2 tracker from your phone. I am glad to hear your tracker is syncing with your phone. I totally understand how you are feeling as receiving notifications has been an extremely useful feature for you. Sometimes a missing requirement is the cause and I recommend confirming the steps to set up notifications in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? Check the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists.

I appreciate your understanding since the Samsung A40 is not supported at the moment and some features might work intermittently. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem for me. 

Also I have problems with others bluetooth devices like a bluetooth earbud.

I hope this disappointing problem have a quick solution.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi @AMC, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums!

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you're having the same difficulty connecting your device with your phone and other Bluetooth devices. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback and patience while we work to improve your experience.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I too have  anew Samsung A40 and my Fitbit ALTA HR will no longer send notifications to my fitbit, which are crucial with the job I do in the NHS??? Am I guessing this is the same problem as the Charge 2's?

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi just spent 50 minutes on phone to fitbit and cannot connect A40. According to website A40 is not included in list of compatible phones. Well I wont be buying any of my family update of firbit for Xmas as their phones (when updated)may not work.

They appear to aware of this and still cant fix it

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Cleggie72 @holly1914. I am sorry for the delayed response.

@Cleggie72 thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you no longer receive notifications from your new Samsung A40 phone. I understand that it's important to you. Usually a missing requirement is the cause and I recommend confirming the steps to set up notifications in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? Move on to the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists. 

@holly1914 I really appreciate your feedback and time you took to let us know your frustration since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also having intermittent synch issues on the A20e.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m really disappointed.  I bought my Samsung A40 ( July this year) because my previous Samsung didn’t have enough memory to take my Fitbit charge 2.  I was so pleased, they connected straight away.  I have a heart problem so I could keep track of what had been happening in the night, also in the day when I was exercising.  Very handy.  All of a sudden a week ago it stopped connecting to blue tooth.  I’ve tried everything suggested.  I’m so annoyed.  Had I have known I would not have bought the A40.   So.... what do I do now?

Best Answer

Hi I have just spoken to fitbit again regarding this issue. They seem to be in denial about this problem. There solution is to send me a new flex 2 and ask me to try again. So I will await my new fitbit and if the new one doesnt work I will call them again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same as you. All worked well for a week or so and now my charge 2 won't pair with my A40 and I've tried all the suggestions I can find right down to going into recovery mode and clearing the cache partition which I'd never even heard of. But nothing has worked. I've now got a very expensive bracelet which counts steps but does nothing else. So frustrating..

Best Answer

Hi they dont seem to think they have a problem. But we are all in the same boat. I am sure that one day the penny will drop and they will adapt their app.updates. In the meantime all we can do is vote for one another until there are enough of us complaining. 

I am currently looking at a samsung fit E which is actually alot cheaper than a similar fitbit. 

Very annoying. The first person I spoke to at fit bit sounded like she got bored going through the reboot procedures again and again. As we finished 50 minute call she sent me a link that might work. It was exactly the same as the procedure we were trying for 50 mins.

The person I spoke to at fitbit today assured me that the replacement they are sending me will work, but should it not I could link to my laptop and use that instead!!!!!  I hardly ever use my laptop these days and do not want to refer to it as you do with a phone. I dont know how long you have had your fitbit but maybe if you were to go back to whoever you purchased it from and say it is no longer fit for purpose you could get a refund! If the replacement they are sending me does not work I intend requesting a refund. Good luck 

ps was the app update of 13 Aug that caused the problem fro you? that is the date of my last sync.

Best Answer
I have the exact same problem @Cazbar! Worked absolutely fine until about a week ago then no matter what I try it will not sync! So frustrating!! I have tried all the re-setting/ deleting cache/ restarting etc etc etc to no avail. I suppose it is good to know that I am not the only one with the problem but I am really disappointed, and seems from the above comments that there is no solution in sight.
Best Answer
Mine stopped working in July. Don't know if it was a particular update or just random
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi,

I have also just got a Samsung A40 & have spent far too much time trying to sync my Alta HR with it. I can pair my phone with other Bluetooth devices but not the Fitbit.

Yes, I also see that the phone isn't on the 'compatible with Fitbit' list .... but I refuse to replace a device (which I've had for less than a year) that should work with a normal phone. 

Come on, Fitbit - the technology is there. Please use it to fix this problem, if you care about your customers.

Best Answer