Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty connecting with Samsung Galaxy A40

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just got a Samsung Galaxy A40 and cannot connect my Flex 2. Is this phone not compatible? I have tried restarting the pebble and starting the process again without success. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Hi

Yes I spent a similar time with fitbit- bearing I mind one of the first questions they ask is what phone do you have - it took them nearly an hour to tell me it wasn't compatible. Very unhelpfully told to use my old phone- which is a Microsoft phone that they are now not supporting!!!!!!!!- double epic fail on behalf of Fitbit. A40 operate s the new Android Kernal software which is the up and coming operating system so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same thing, it works with my iPad but not my phone. Haven't been able to sync since 19 November so I think the bug fix update on 18 November broke something. I still get call notifications tho even though the app cant find my fitbit?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not pair my charge2 with my Samsung A40. As soon as I enter the 4 figure code, he keeps on seeking, ending with 'not possible to paire, Some features work, other do not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, they've still not sorted the connection issues. I got my dad a Garmin instead now as it connects to most phones & for the same price has much more to offer. FitBit have lost a customer here! I won't be recommending them anymore

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer

Same here, got a new Galaxy A40 and everything works great except cannot pair my Fitbit Alta HR, it gets to the pairing and I put the 4 digit code into the app and it then fails. Very frustrating as I have a great new phone and no connection to my fitbit device. Please please Fitbit could you update the app or device so they are compatible.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to say but that's not going to happen. As you will see from several topics on this board it's been an issue for months and fibit won't d8x it. They have even stop replying to post. Which is good in a way as at least there not giving people false hope as they were in the early posts on this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and am very disappointed. I wish i'd checked before i changed my phone. I have always had mid range Samsungs and never had an issue before. I thought it would be fine as it should just work through the bluetooth.

I am looking at the possibility of switching to a Samsung tracker, but would rather this was resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change to the Huawei band 3 pro , haven't looked back. Excellent piece of kit and no issues connecting to a40

Best Answer

Hello,

I have also bougt a A40.  And now i can 't connect my charge 2 .   Its very sad.  

I get the code on my charge 2 to connect and then it goes wrong.   

Isn't their no solution ?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, the best solution is to ditch the fitbit & get a different device (I got a Garmin which is much better!). It's a shame but their customer service/lack of resolution will at least give other brands good PR xxx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue but since my Samsung system update a couple of days ago my flex 2 now works perfectly 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has also started working. Hooray! I'm guessing it's due to the Samsung system update that was pushed out just before xmas. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oops, too late. Treated myself to a samsung galaxy watch after christmas

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's great news!! Hopefully they'll all get sorted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit (Google?),

Any update on this. I understand that smoothly pairing with all the new phones coming on the market is difficult. However, the problem has been ongoing for months now. I have tried all the tips and tricks reported in the thread and the fitbit app does not seem to be able to even detect the Inspire HR watch to pair although Samsung is a major smartphone provide, the Android OS is up to date, the bluetooth connection works for other devices !

What alternatives or workarounds do you propose? Is a reimbursement possible?

Thank you,

Laetitia

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fibit is the new nokia . Was market leader and took there eye of the ball like nokia and will be lost for years to come. Look at a Huawei band pro 3 or garmen if you want something that works. 

Best Answer

Mine is the other way got A40 last Thursday paired nicely now since yesterday it can't even fine it to pair? What do I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having problems also. I have Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1. I see that this is not on the list but I've had my fitbit for 2.5 years and it used to work fine. Now it won't sync because bluetooth can't find it. Has the entire system been updated since I purchased my Flex 2? It's just disappointing that something that used to work before doesn't now. Is there anything I can do besides buy an new phone?

Best Answer

I've had my flex 2 SUCESSFULLY connected to my SAMSUNG A40  for two years, but have just replaced it with a new A40 and now it will not connect..   what's changed??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and i dont want to do factory because i already a fitbit inspire set up

Best Answer
0 Votes