Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Restarting right after I get 10000 even not at midnight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit resets back to zero right after I get 10000 instead of keep tracking till midnight
Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@Harper34 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I recommend checking that the time is correct on your time zone settings (account > advanced settings; on the Fitbit app). Then, perform a restart on your Flex. You should not experience that again. 

To recover any lost steps; you can manually log an activity (check @GisselleM's post). You will be credited with accurate data for an specific activity.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I did what you told me to do and I could not find out how to restart my Fitbit can you help me
Best Answer
0 Votes
I do what you told me to do but I could not find where to reset my Fitbit so could you help me find it.

Thanks, @Harper34

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harper34 Thanks for your reply! To restart your Flex, do the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable.
  2. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  3. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds. Lights on your tracker should dim.
  4. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Now your tracker has been restarted and should work properly. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
K I will let you know if it resets tomorrow after I get ten thousand

Thanks, @Harper34

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harper34 I hope that helps! Smiley Very Happy I will be waiting for your reply, hopefully you'll be back on track by then!

Let me know how it went! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Best Answer
Could I get a new Fitbit if it does not work

Thanks, @Harper34

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harper34 I hope you're doing well! If it doesn't work; the best thing to do will be to report that to customer support as they can check further inside your tracker to see if there is something wrong with it. They will also check if a replacement is needed in your case! 

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
K thanks

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harper34 I hope you're doing well! Were you able to resolve the problem with customer support? They are great! 

In the meanwhile, check the new Flex 2, it is awesome. It includes a new design, new features, and you can even swim with it! 

Give me any updates on this matter! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I did try the reset but so far no luck.  I will try reinstalling next.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SaundraJo Welcome to the Fitbit Community! You can also try to set up your tracker as a replacement device (check @SteveH's post). Then use it again to see if it works properly.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex is still not syncing. I spent two hours on chat with Aubrey. I upgraded phone (did not want to do that) and tried the paperclip trick. No luck. 

Please help. 

Thanks. 

Amy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmyJeanne Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for following the instructions given by customer support. 

I recommend checking this syncing master post to get some syncing troubleshooting steps to fix this issue. Just search for the platform you are using within the post! If you already did some of the steps there, please do them once again. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Tracker batter charges but will not work when inserted into bracelet.

Best Answer
0 Votes