Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit flex is fully charged but won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Using a Fitbit that hasn't been used in about a year, I set up an account and charged the Fitbit, it even synced with the app while it was in the charger. Now that it is off, none of the lights turn on. Please help.
Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8
The first trouble shooting step is always to try a restart. Instructions here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker . You may have to repeat this several times, because sometimes a Fitbit that hasn't been used in a while takes a little longer to get back gong again. I hope this helps! Keep us posted.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CamLGor! In addition to the great advise that @Julia_G has provided, I'd try cleaning the charging contacts of your Fitbit Flex:

1. Use a toothpick to dislodge debris.
  2. Alternatively, you can clean the contacts with a small amount of rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. Avoid using any metal or a wire brush against the contacts.
  3. If you brush the charging contacts, dry with a cloth or tissue and insert the tracker into the charger. The tracker contacts should be bronze or gold in color.
  4. If residue is still present, repeat.

After that you can try restarting your tracker. If the issue persist, please be sure to reach out to our Support Team. I know that they're always happy to listen to your experience and provide different options for you, if needed!

I hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help mone won’t work either!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get your Flex to work? I had one but accidentally got it wet and it stopped working. My friend gave me her old flex, however charged it and restated it shows fully charged but once I take it off the charger...nothing???   

Best Answer

OK my flex Fitbit  is fully charged,  cleaned and restarted.  It still will not light up , or sync properly.  Only lights up when in charger.  Battery is full on charger and in app. Sometimes it appears to sync but doesn't.  I have reset it a few times it will blink .. .. then back to ..... While it is in the charger take it out and nothing.  Help

Best Answer

Hi, @Oldladyj , if you have tried the restart several times and it still hasn’t fixed the issue, it might be time to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com to see if they have any further information or suggestions.

Or maybe it’s time for an upgrade!  Fitbits have moved on a lot since the original Flex.  I can really recommend the Inspire or even Inspire HR for a tiny Fitbit that packs a lot of features.

Best Answer

Thank you for all your help. Guess I could call this small miracle. Just when I was ready to give up after 9 years with Fitbit, out of nowhere it started.  Hope it keeps going.  I just let it sit in the charger fully charged for the whole afternoon.  Maybe I scared it when it was plugged in near the waste basket.😜

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ha ha, well done!  Sometimes Fitbits surprise us!

BTW, you don’t look much like an Old Lady...

Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes