Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 fell out of my wrist band.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After owning two flex models, I switched to the flex 2 when it came out (last month).  Two days ago my tracker fell out of the wristband some time while I was wearing it.  I went to tap it after a 2 mile walk, and it was gone!  I'm very disappointed!  I never had this problem with the flex.  It was only a few weeks old!

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147
HAHA. The bad is rubber and poorly designed. I don't have it super tight
nor loose by any means and it's fallen out twice, both times losing the
stupid thing. Along with COUNTLESS others. Stop trolling.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Haha you obviously haven't had yours very long. It is very easy for it to
roll on your wrist, no matter how tight you make it, and it'll fall out.
Don't tell me it's not possible, it happened to me multiple times. And I
would wear it tight, loose, and everything in between. It never made a
difference. The band itself can roll, and can stretch. It's not made of
steel.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Virtually impossible! I had mine over a year.

The only chance it would happen is if:

1. the band was loose

2. a third party poor quality band was used (silicone rolls quite a bit)

The Flex band is quite stiff and the hole is smaller than the tracker.

But, if you wear the band super loose, it may pop out! Tight. Mine hasn't popped out. Not even close to popping out.

Best Answer
Yea well hundreds have had theirs pop out and I'm not wearing it loose but
it's not cutting off circulation either. It just wears out over time from
taking it in and out and the bands are huge. And really, nothing is
impossible. Don't respond if you can't be helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's my free (for me) fix,  albeit ghetto...:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W034Qx9b_g

Best Answer
First of all, that's not free. You have to pay for those bands. And second
of all, that's not the point! The point is you shouldn't have to try to
think of a way for the tracker to stay in the product you paid for
Best Answer

I was merely sharing with the Fitbit community on how I prevent my tracker from falling out.  I find it more productive to come up with creative solutions and sharing the knowledge with others.  That way others do not have to go through the same frustration you have gone through. 

Best Answer

another option is to wrap duct tape around the hole so that it doesn't fall out Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

@honglong1976 - Well, I'd be "fancy" and use black premium grade electrical tape so it matches my band better.  LOL. (Sarcasm folks)

Best Answer

I just cover it with a sweat band

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 2 flex Fitbit's lost the first one when the tracker fell out, when I was out walking! I bought another one when it was on sale really cheap. I have had that one since Jan 18 and I was wearing it over the weekend and I've lost it. I am never going to buy a Fitbit again. I am going back to iPhone so I will just use the apple watch. This is old post and I can see the rep saying on here that they have gotten better and more are secure, I call BS I on that, I had the band tight around my wrist and the tracker still fell out of the band.

Best Answer
Nick,

FITBIT replaced mine free of charge because they are aware of issue and it was still under warranty. New fitbit still fell out of band on the second week of wearing. I have placed two small rubber plumbing faucet seals over area where fitbit fits and it has solved problem. I do feel the band needs to be redesigned however.

JWB
Best Answer

This has happened to me twice now. I lost one and then bought another one. The other day the replacement fell out of a new band. Has FitBit come up with a solution to this problem. Apparently it is a very common problem. I talked to 2 other friends over the holiday and both had the same experience. Please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not that I know of. I stopped using it. I will switch to another vendor
that has a more secure device
Best Answer

Yes, it's ridiculous. I've literally replace FOUR of them. Last one "disappeared" on 12/21. Fitbit sent me one, the next times they refused to help and offered $20 off a higher end device. Um...no thanks. The only reason I like the Flex 2 is the fact that it's the smallest one and is waterproof. They don't care. I have a new band (not OEM Fitbit) now and it has a "clasp/protector" that covers the device to secure it now. But that also covers up the lights so.........IDK. I got nothing.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you provide more info on the new band you got? Where you got it and a picture. I like the Flex2 for the same reasons as you, but cannot afford to keep replacing them because of a design flaw that Fitbit should fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Was waiting to see what's out there.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Really stupid design
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, our whole family got fit bits for Christmas. A week and a half later my daughter's fit bit flex 2 just fell out of her band. We were out of town and didn't know until we got home. So we couldn't track it. It's very frustrating. And my suggestions on better bands?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not really
Best Answer
0 Votes