Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 no longer for sale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Flex 2 for about 2 years now. I love it because it is not a watch. I like to wear different traditional style watches, so the Flex 2 works for me. I called Fitbit support and they do not longer sell the Flex 2. I sure wish they would bring Flex 2 back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sandmotors  Flex 2 was retired and replaced by the Inspire series. Have you checked the Store to see the new styles? The Inspire has an optional clip which makes it similar to the retired One and Zip devices.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
51 REPLIES 51

Hi @sandmotors  Flex 2 was retired and replaced by the Inspire series. Have you checked the Store to see the new styles? The Inspire has an optional clip which makes it similar to the retired One and Zip devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have just purchased one and should be coming soon. I have a Zip also with clip, but I kept forgetting it was on my clothes and throw it in the washer. The Flex 2 was on my wrist, so I couldn't forget.

Best Answer

The inspire is hardly a replacement. It’s 50% wider than the Flex2. What possible improvement can that be? 

Best Answer

Hi @JimmyNYC  it does a lot more than the Flex. You can check out the specs at the store.

@sandmotors  lots of people have washed the Zip! It was a cute little thing.

Best Answer

Hi there @sandmotors and @JimmyNYC

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share your experiences and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I totally understand how you are feeling, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools. As a result, we no longer sell Flex 2, but we encourage you to take a look at our latest models to find a device that’s right for you. Take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Even if a product is not available on fitbit.com, we may still be supporting warranty replacements for these devices if we have current inventory.

Thank you so much for your help and input here @Odyssey13.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for the explanation.

But here is my feedback, the best thing about the Flex and the Flex 2 is that "They don't look like a watch, but can still be worn on the wrist". Because some of us, still like to wear non-smart watches, but at the same time we want to track our activity and sleep. And we can't walk around wearing two watches or people will throw stuff at us.

Having a clip in my pocket is not the same. I liked the discrete incognito rubber band that looked like a nothing.

Best Answer

Hi there @MarreFitbit 

I was just wondering, are the steel bangle or the neckless for Fitbit Flex still available for purchase and it they are, from where?

Kind regards

NorthernCat

Best Answer

I think the key thing is that most of us didn’t want the pile of features that are on the Inspire series. My best friend got married last year and wanted people to pull their fitbits. My Flex 2 wasn’t an issue because it doesn’t look like a fitness tracker. Please bring back the Flex 2. 

Best Answer

Can get good ones on amazon for a fraction of the microsoft price  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The flex 2 is great because it’s simple, small, inconspicuous and the band is flat and even when you try to write. I think it is the perfect tracker. I don’t need a phone on my wrist. It’s bad enough in my hand. But maybe mine will last forever. Or it will be the last one. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

I cannot use any other product except Flex 2 because i have an issue with all trackers with heart beat monitoring (causing inflammation, swelling & excruciating pain in hands) . I have tried Fitbit Charge 3, Versa, Apple watch etc and ended up buying another Fitbit Flex 2 before it was discontinued.  

Please do consider bringing this back as there is nothing similar in the market.  This is a gap in the market & there are many who cant handle smart devices or fitness trackers.

Best Answer

Hi @Mili17  then the Inspire is the Fitbit for you. It doesn't not have the heart rate feature and you can get an optional clip to wear it more discreetly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit doesn't seem to care that some people can't wear a watch/don't want a watch/don't need a watch. Who cares what customers want, and their customer support is a joke.

Best Answer

Some of us just want something basic but not so basic as the new line that is bulky. I can't wear a watch, so I'm SOL unless I can find a Flex 2 on ebay.

Best Answer

@FitbitUser21  customer service does care. You see the Inspire? It can be worn with an optional clip. Why do you say customer support is a joke? They take care of a variety of issues and devices. The Flex 2 was retired and sad to say, any retired device you purchase is going to cost you more than it was being sold for when it first was released. The Zip can be found on Amazon for $200 and it was only $69. Many devices sold by third party retailers aren't even authentic, so be careful if you do look around for that Flex 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I say it's a joke because they just kept blowing me off, no one would
listen to what I was trying to say. Acknowledgement of what is being said
is good customer service, but that wasn't happening.
Not everyone can wear a watch. Not everyone wants a larger, clunkier
tracker that. There's no reason not to have something that is a bit more
than a pedometer but less than a watch, and such an option shouldn't have a
retail in the range of the latest models.
Best Answer

Hi @FitbitUser21. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13, it's always great to see you around helping our members!

@FitbitUser21, I apologize for the way your case was handled by our Support team. I see where you're coming from and be sure that your comments will be passed along so this doesn't happen in the future. About your inquiry, our team occasionally makes changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools. While we no longer sell Flex 2, we'll continue supporting it. I know how you feel about this change and your feedback is truly appreciated as it helps us to evaluate our procedures and improve our products to make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need. 

I was making some research in the Feature Suggestions board and was able to find this feature request that you might be interested in. Please cast a vote for these ideas and leave a comment to show your support. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer

Yes, please bring back the Flex!!!  Current models are too wide.  There is a market for those of us who prefer a slim tracker to wear with a traditional watch, not a smart watch.  My Flex 2 is on its last legs and I will be forced to switch to Garmin, who does carry a slimmer model.

Best Answer

@slikrokbel    the Inspire series is slender, like the Flex.

Best Answer
0 Votes