Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 not charging or responding and lights flash onces when trying to charge it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My flex 2 battery was listed at 50% and then listed it was 5% so I went to put it on the charger and it stopped working. When I plug it in, all the lights will flash one time and then it goes dark again. It will not respond to anything. All I get is the lights flashing one single time when I try to charge it and that is all It's not charging or even responding to sync. What is wrong? Is it my charger or is it the actual fitbit Flex 2? Also if it is the Flex 2 then how can I just get it replaced without having to spend $200 plus... I miss my fitbit working... help!!!

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I have exactly the same problem with my flex 2 and I am still waiting for assistance.

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue, the lights flash once but won't charge. I've left it charging for over an hour with no difference, I tried charging on my computer and into the wall, I tried to clean the connectors, reset it, and even reconnect to my phone but nothing works.

Best Answer

Update, I spoke to customer service last night and they told me my 1.5 year old flex was dead and since it was out of the 1 yr warranty they gave me the standard 25% discount for a new device.

Best Answer

Hi, I spoke too to the customer service and they answered the same way. It is a shame for Fibit to force us to buy a new device whithout trying to fix the current one. If only the flex 2 was still in sale but is not and you have to get out more money again to continue enjoy the service. It is just anti-customer and non sustainable manner,

I am really frustrated and disappointed! 

Best Answer

I just had this issue as well....I did a chat w/cust.servc. They had me do the clean off, but then had me press the little button on the back of the charger thingy. It seemed to reset it and it started charging. Here's the little excerpt of what they told me to do:

MauroGM (8/9/2020, 9:57:27 AM): Please: Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL- certified USB wall charger
MauroGM (8/9/2020, 9:57:34 AM): Remove the tracker from the wristband and press the tracker into the
compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must
align with the corresponding pins on the back of the tracker and lock
securely in place. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker
vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking, indicating your progress
towards a total charge. Your Flex 2 will begin charging.
MauroGM (8/9/2020, 9:57:39 AM): Find the button on the charging cable and press it three times within five
seconds. The button is under the tracker compartment.
MauroGM (8/9/2020, 9:57:46 AM): The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. After the third button
press, wait for about five seconds for all the lights to flash at once, this
means the tracker has restarted.
Note that the light flash happens quickly and you may not notice it. Your
tracker resumes charging after a restart and you will see the normal
blinking of the indicator lights indicating your progress towards a total
charge.

Hope this helps someone!

Best Answer

I have already tried to reset/reboot this way, but it never succeeded. Shame on them, because their last update generated all this **ahem** up!

Best Answer

This totally fixed my issue! Thanks for posting!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. My Flex2 was working perfectly until I stupidly did the update.Ever since then it won't hold a charge and is unusable.I've already tried all the fixes listed. Hoping Fitbit will do the right thing for all of us who are paying for a mistake that is clearly theirs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, it is hopeless with Fitbit, don’t expect anything from them 

Best Answer

Ordered a new charger for my Fitbit Flex2 off Amazon. Problem solved! Got a 2 pack for less than $8! 

Best Answer

What! How have done to get that from them? What did you say to them ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done the same thing this morning  and instead of chatting with Customer Sevice my Flex 2, charger and bands have all gone in the trash.

I just synced my fitbit the other day and is was over 50% charged.  I do not like any of the current trackers so won't  be spending anymore money.

Best Answer

Same.  I bought mine at Marshall’s and the battery was dead from day 1. Couldn’t find the receipt so I was out of luck. Just terrible customer service.  If you return it, or take snapshots of the problem with the serial number, they should send a new battery.  It’s pennies for them.  Instead, bought a competitors product and no issues.  Not one.  I can also swim in it.  Fitbit could have gotten $ recovered from their supplier, but they are too lazy and greedy.  This is my last Fitbit.  They got 100’s of dollars out of me.  No more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes