Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 steps resets to 0 during the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

So I've been having a few problems with my Flex 2 - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I can't figure out why.

Anyway, earlier today I double tapped my fitbit as usual, and it showed 4 lights, indicating I was almost at my step goal. I just synced now and now I only have one light lighting up, and on my dashboard it says zero steps! 

It's currently 7.43 pm, so it hasn't reset or anything. I'm so confused!

Any answers?

Thanks

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I am having the same problem with my Flex 2. It does this every day. Shows steps, then they all disappear back to zero.

Best Answer

Following! Mine did that today! Bad day for Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Fitbit says I haven't sync'd since Tuesday. Where is the data and why is it not syncing? I tried ninstalling and reinstalling the app but no help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar problem.  Flex 2 showed 4 lights when I went to bed (did walk alot that day) and then in the morning on the iphone, it reported just over 2000 steps which I know is wrong.

Newer development is that it's not recording any sleep data for the last several days altho it's charged and I wear it to to sleep.  Now to research that issue.

Best Answer

It's nice to see you all around @mshelton @rachaelskerritt @Shemply @ACron! Have you guys made sure that your Fitbits are properly linked to your accounts? If for some reason they got unpaired, follow the steps provided here to set them up. 

Once you've verified and done that, try restarting your Flex 2 by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
    User-added image

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

User-added image

Test your trackers this time to see the behavior. Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!! 11/14 and my Fitbit hasn't synced since Tuesday either. However, yesterday while I was working out, it synced on phone showing 6k steps mid-workout - then went back to 0 when I tried to check my total steps/sync at home. I'm so confused. I've been wearing it and syncing it every day since Tuesday. 

Best Answer

I'm assuming this is due to the syncing issue. Therefore, I'd recommend following these steps, always make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date. Let me know how it goes @lili12 (welcome aboard, by the way)! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

I have a fitbit flex 2, and when I went to sync it this afternoon at 1pm it started a new day (saying I have 0 steps) and put all the steps I got this morning as yesterday. Wondering how I can fix this and why it happened. Thanks! 

Best Answer

Check you have the time set correctly and the time zone is correct. If that is all OK, try a restart

RESTART PROCEEDURE

Put your tracker into the charger so it has the charging lights showing. Then press the small buttin on the back of the charger 3 times within 5 seconds. It will vibrate with each press and then when all three are done it will very briefly flash all lights and then go back to charging lights and it is all done

Full instructions http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186   (flex 2)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex 2 is randomly resetting and erasing my steps. It also counted steps on a day that I didnt wear it.

Best Answer

So today I'm having for the first time the issue you all report.  I was walking the dog, and around 8 pm I got the notification of reaching 10,000 steps.  I went to the phone to sync and it had not synced and all of a sudden the Flex2 reported 0 steps like I've not moved all day.  Is there anyway to recover the data using the export logs?

Best Answer

I have had the same problem.  I reached my 10,000 steps and went to synch my efforts... the dashboard showed zero steps... I looked down at my Fitbit and it too showed zero steps..  any idea why?

Best Answer

I have a brand-new out of the box flex 2 (replacing one that I've loved for years and lost).  I keep having this problem - and it randomly dies.  Even fully charged and reset, and with an updated app, it will SAY it's syncing with the app, but show zero steps, or reset to zero steps in the middle of the day.  Time on phone and time zone are set correctly.  Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, this is the second issue I’m having witching some weeks and it’s quite annoying ! 

Best Answer

Mine does the same thing! I called fitbit with an issue before and they were extremely rude so I came on here to see if there was any new info but I have tried all the fixes and it still happens every now and then. Aggravating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I have tried reset but also now seeing if I need to update the app. You'd have to reset first thing in the morning surely as my steps reading is down to 52 rather than 15,000. It has not reset to what the sets should be. Can someone from FitBit help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted and downloaded the Fitbit app onto my iphone verses my Samsung tablet and the reset has not happened again. One of my Samsung tablets wont even download Fitbit's app. I have no idea why but, I called Fitbit and they verified it wont download on that version due to some sort of disagreement between companies. I dont know if this information helps you in any way but just in case you have Samsung.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lorascandies.

I have an Apple. I did the same procedure tho’ it get the steps back on track it seems to be working ok now. Bit annoying & time consuming resetting it. Fingers crossed it doesn’t do it again!

Best Answer
0 Votes