Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 won't restart, charge or sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All

Interested to see whether anyone has had the following problems and have a solution - besides throwing out the device?

I've tried various restarts, tips and tricks to restart, recharge and sync my fitbit - I've used it for approximately 6 months.

All lights are constantly flashing and there is no response when restarting - change in lights or vibration.

cheers, CahillM

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52
Everything sorted out now, thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @normajo @Candice.barrier and @Jensco, I'm happy to continue providing assistance, sorry for the delay in responding.  

@normajo @Jensco  I appreciate the information that was shared in your post, I'm happy to know that your concern was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here. 

I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate! There are several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, better sleep, among others. I'm sure that they will be happy to meet you there.

@Candice.barrier Thanks for your update. Support team informed me that assistance was shared in a chat session with them. That said, can you please let me know if you require further assistance with this situation? If you have any additional questions about the information that they provided my best advise will be to contact them back for more information and details. Unfortunately, I do not have access to such information.

See you around. 

Best Answer

My Flex 2 did the same worked fine for the year I have had it ,it vibrated like mad now completely dead won’t charge, reset it numerous times nothing happens am sure it is only made to last a certain amount of time 

Best Answer
Gareth thank you for coming back to me, that is exactly what mine is doing, but this was bought brand new in March 2020,
sent it back to Fitbit but not sure whether it is the same one they have returned to me or another one but still having problems.
I had to replace my previous one as it fell out of the fitbit stainless steel bracelet so I lost it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines doing the same thing as of Sunday.  No response whatsoever, even when charging. Reset does nothing and my phone still sees it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Flex 2 won't restart even after numerous tries. When it is being charged 4 light flash and then quick green with it then it dies. When unplugged it indicates as flat battery. It is also not possible to connect it to the app as it won't stay on for long enough. 

Please help @RicardoFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, After a few month of inactivity due to Covid - 19, I am trying to use my Fitbit Flex 2 once again but somehow it is not working. While it is in charger it is  responding but as soon as I wear it in the band it becomes in responsive. It does not track and does not light up. It is completely dead. I tried reset etc and it resets but once i take it out of charger it dies again, can anyone help please?

Best Answer

The "restart" sorted out the problem for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, looking for answers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine quit after app update.  I’ve had it 9 years and it still charges and lights.  It still counts steps and will give me a report with the leds when tapped. It just won’t sync. I have to wonder if this version of the app is what is causing this issue for everyone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue as well. My device stopped working suddenly. It doesn't snyc, the battery doesn't charge and it doesn't reset. All I got from the Fitbit support email confirming that my device was out of warranty DUH!

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo, I’m having major issues with my Flex 2.  A few days ago it just stopped working, doesn’t track steps, time exercising or sleeping, nothing.  In the phone app, I ask it to sync and it looks like it has, but no data comes up and it says it’s at less than 5% charge, but it is actually fully charged.  I’ve done an iPhone software update, but that didn’t fix it.  I’ve tried resetting a few times (the last time 3 times in a row as someone suggested), the lights flash each time the reset button is presses, but no vibration and then the lights flash automatically again after a few seconds, suggestion reset was successful, but that didn’t work either.  I’ve switched the Bluetooth off and on and even told it to forget the device, but now Bluetooth says can’t find the device anymore.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Same thing happening. I even bought new chargers. I see the reset lights, but no charging indicator and my app can't find the tracker. I wonder if they've finally killed it off.

This is such a bummer. It's a perfect tracker for me, simple, elegant and minimal. Nothing else in the Fitbit line comes close to it.

Best Answer