Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex2 did not auto recognize my bike ride.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is my flex2 not recording my bike rides?  I have it set to auto recognize and was wearing my tracker clipped to my sneaker (I don't like wearing on my wrist when I get sweaty).  Does it need to be worn on my wrist during biking in order to recognize the activity??  I biked almost 7 miles over 45 monutes and it didn't record anything.  I've already synced the device multiple times as well as a restart of the device.  Is it defective or do I just need to be wearing it on my wrist.  It also doesn't seem to record my walks as activity unless I actually turn on the tracking which isn't how I understood this to work.  It records the steps, but doesn't record active time or as exercise when I go for an hour long walk.... 

If it isn't going to perform as described, then I can just use the tracking devices on my phone for free.....

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I too was biking for about 1 hour. The auto recognize was on AND the Flex 2 was attached to my wrist. It did not track my ride at all.

Best Answer

Hi, @Katler, the Flex 2 is designed to be worn on the wrist, so you are unlikely to get consistent results if you wear it on your ankle.  As for your walks, you will need to check that auto detection for walks is turned on.  Also you will need to be walking consistently (not stop start) for at least the minimum time on your settings.

@Arlene44, see my remarks above about making sure auto detection of this activity is turned on, etc.  Also, my experience is that although SmartTrack works pretty well, it isn't 100%, especially with non step-based activities.  If it doesn't automatically detect your activity you always have the option to create a manual log.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I scrolled further down the FAQ and found a response (with visuals) on how to manually enter the bike ride. I did this. It is odd that my Samsung Health app can recognize when I am cycling but my expensive (to me) Flex 2 can't. Anyway - problem solved. Thanks again.

Best Answer

Good evening, two times in a row my FitBit Flex did not record my bike ride. Frustrating for sure. But when I log the workout manually, it does not count towards my friends dashboard, so by logging manually my dashboard ranking doesn't change.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20171114-131533.pngScreenshot_20171114-131602.pngGood evening, two times in a row my FitBit Flex did not record my bike ride. Frustrating for sure. But when I log the workout manually, it does not count towards my friends dashboard, so by logging manually my dashboard ranking doesn't change.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recommend adjusting the minimum amount of time you need to be biking for Fitbit to recognize it.

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I currently have my settings to recognize after 10 minutes of
activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LovesAnimals try restarting your tracker a few times and see if that helps it recognise bike. Let us know how you go.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kaiter, 

I have been having issues with getting my fitbit flex 2 to auto recognize outdoor biking, but have not been successful. It auto recognizes it when I have not been biking and when I do it does not seem to be able to recognize it. I though if I switch it from  my wrist and put on my ankle it might be able to recognize it better. Unfortunately it did not work, but I have not had any issues when I'm walking. It also seems to be slow and sometimes it back tracks my steps. For instances it my say I have 2,345 and then it will say I 2, 312. I don't know it does that. I don't know if it is just the fitbit flex 2 that is having issues with tracking biking or if other fitbits are having issues to. I got this as a gift for my birthday from my sister, and do not know any who has a different model that bikes. I do like the fact that it is waterproof, although I will not use to track laps I can use for sailing. I have not had the chance to try it sailing but would be interested to see how it tracks. I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - mine stopped recording bike rides after the first one. I have reinstalled the software twice, restarted it on several occasions with no joy. I have been in contact with support who, along with a lot of platitudes, have referred it to ‘engineering’. They say to manually record activities but I can’t see the point. If you have to mess with the phone every time you go out - as you say, you may as well stick with a free tracking app. Additionally the step counter is way over the top. Mine recorded 400 steps just having a shower and getting dried in a confined space this morning.  Am pretty disillusioned all round - complete waste of a Christmas present.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a exercise bike and I would like to know how to add it to my activity? I have everything else but that. I have the flex 2 and I have a Samsung A 20 phone. There is no way for me to add it to my board. I have run, walk and elliptical bike, but not exercise bike. Can someone help me? I have try everything and nothing is working. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes