Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove an old MyFitnessPal account from Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i synced my flex to my fitness pal.  I no longer have the same my fitness pal account and want to add my new account.  It is not working because it says fitbit can only be synced to one account.  How do I remove that account from fitbit??

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

If you go into your account settings (https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/apps), you can remove an acocunt.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

@bakerbecky I'm glad to see that you received help from @MakMak!  I'll be happy to spread this. This is really useful information that others will be happy to have. I also want to encourage you to keep participating in our Discussions board. 

Keep it on the good way! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I have removed my old myfitnesspal account from Fitbit.com and EVERYTIME I go to setting it is still there!! 

I am not able to sync Fitbit with my new myfitnesspal account 😞

help please!

thank you

Best Answer

Welcome there @sugabeet04! I'll be happy to help you, If you're still having issues with your Fitbit and MFP account. I'd like to recommend that you try to unlink your accounts from MFP. And then try to relink them with your new MFP account. 

myfitnesspalunlinke.png

Hope this helps! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there Ive tried to disable from my old MFP and deleted the allowed apps from my fitbit but it still says its connected and i can not connect to my new MFP. Can you suggest any other options?

Best Answer

Have this problem. Bought a new fitbit but mfp won't sync to it via it says there's already a device. I have deleted the old device, deleted the account and created a new one and reinstalled fitbit app. What else is there?

Best Answer

It only shows one app and it is not the Fitbit tracker app. Can you tell me how to add it MFP? Each time I try to add it I get the following massage: "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once." 

I have disconeected MFP from My Fitbit account but I can't do it from MFP as it doesn't show up.

Best Answer

This keeps happening to me and i'm extremely frustrated. i've deleted all mfp accounts, created a new one and deleted the connection of those to my fitbit. No MFP account shows it is connected to fitbit flex, but still won't let me connect the new one.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues and attempted the above. Has anyone found a solution?

Best Answer

@Somebeach, have you tried using the link I posted above?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I did. Turned out that I needed to delete the old MyFitnessPal account to get it to work. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this problem too - I have deleted my old MFP account - and followed the link to revoke access but it's still saying the same thing 😞 any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Welcome back @horlix1979! I would like you to make sure you're following this procedure to unlink both applications. Also, please provide me with more details about what are you seeing in your Dashboard? Is MFP showing as connected after you revoke access? Are you following the procedure in your app or online Dashboard?

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues. I’ve deleteled my MFP account and signed up again. I do not have any apps connected to it. I completed the revoke access from Fitbit also. But every time I try to delink I’m getting the same message that another MFP is already connected. I’ve been trying to solve this for days now. PLEASE HELP! 

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Mufi28. I'm sorry for the issue you're having connecting MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. I would like you to confirm you've done this procedure to properly unlink MFP from Fitbit. After this, just double check you don't have any accounts paired to your account

If after trying the above, you're still not able to link the 2 accounts together due to the same error message, I recommend reaching out to MFP in this thread on their forum.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good advice but what if I don’t remember the old account details ?

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @gina412! If you would like to remove a MyFitnessPal account from Fitbit, please go to the Applications page on your Dashboard > then find MyFitnessPal and click on "revoke access". 

Also, if you could provide me with more details about which account details you don't remember. Is it Fitbit or MyFitnessPal? Have you tried doing the unlink procedure? 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm trying to link my new phone to my Fitbit and My fitness Pal account. I've revoked access and gone to MFP and checked apps and it's not linked. However when I click on the Fitbit app and click get to try and link them it says there's still an account already linked. What do I do? I've literally tried everything! 

Best Answer
Hello,

Have you had a MFP account in the past or are you signing up for the first time? I didn't think I had another MFP account but I did. I did an email search in my inbox and was able to find my old user name and email I had used previously. Then I attempted to log in to MFP on desktop. I simply said I forgot my password. I reset my password with that old user name and was able to log in to the old account. Sure enough I had Fitbit connected to that MFP account I forgot I had. Disconnect Fitbit from MFP. Go back into Fitbit and revoke access. Now you should be able to connect your current MFP account to Fitbit. See if that works. If you’ve never had a MFP account then I don’t know what you can do.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes