Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove an old MyFitnessPal account from Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i synced my flex to my fitness pal.  I no longer have the same my fitness pal account and want to add my new account.  It is not working because it says fitbit can only be synced to one account.  How do I remove that account from fitbit??

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I also have this same problem! Have you been able to solve it??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can’t say I have. It was such a headache and so frustrating! My ionic died and I ended up with an Apple Watch so now in the process of linking that.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @BeckyCoz @JoGamler, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time linking your Fitbit account with MyFitnessPal.

Thanks a lot for the help here @SabbiG!

@BeckyCoz, have you tried SabbiG suggestions?

@JoGamler, you can find detailed instructions on how to do this here.

If you're still having problems after that, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a MFP username for an account I had in 2014.  But I don't know the address associated with the account.  It was likely a defunct yahoo email address.  I know the account is still active because I was able to find the username and was able to message my old username but none of my current email address did not receive the email so I don't have access to the email account associated with my active MFP account.    I did got into my Fitbit app and revoked all accounts associated with MFP - but I think it's not working because I can't access the 2014 MFP to close that one out.  Is there any way to access my MFP 2014 account with just my username?

Nevermind, I found the answer I needed on the help page and was able to access my account with just my 2014 username and was able to then delete the account. Fitbit and MFP now syncing properly!

Moderator Edition: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @EllieIceman! Thanks for sharing the inconvenience that you had with the e-mail address associated with your MFP account. I appreciate all the details you provided about the steps you followed trying to find a solution. I'm glad to hear that finally you were able to access to your account, it was nice of you to share what you did, so other users can take it in account in case they have the same issue. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue but it's not showing I am connected to anything on fitbit or the my fitness pal app. And the message keeps popping and I don't remember anything about my old myfitness pal app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the exact problem I am having, did you sort it? I can't remember my login 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Never got it sorted. Then upgraded to an Apple Watch. Sorry I can’t be of any further help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I receive this message "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once." Every time. I don't believe it is my Fitbit that is the issue. I believe it is Myfitnesspal they keep directing me to Fitbit (via their troubleshoot page) I have tried emailing them and nothing. I have done the steps you suggested for someone on here and revoked my Fitbit to my current account trying to see if I could reconnect. ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot log into my old account for I have deleted it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a revote access to my fitness pal account that I had liked before and I have a new account but it still shows my old account on the Fitbit app I want to make sure Fitbit links it to my new account and it will not let me even though the Fitbit app is not active or listed at all on my old account

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is how you Un-sync a MyFitnessPal account from a Fitbit Flex:

+From the Fitbit App, hit the Profile Icon in the upper lefthand corner.

+Scroll down to Privacy and Security > Manage Data

+Manage 3rd Party Apps

+Revoke Access to whichever accounts you no longer want synced to your Fitbit. 

Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my app shows only connect there is no disconnect there, it keeps telling me that another account is already linked. I can revoke on the fitbit app but as soon as i try to connect from mfp, it shows it is linked but won't sync and says that it is linked to another account again.  so frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did someone find a solution? I have tried revoking access several times and then connecting to Fitbit from MyFitnessPal, every time it gives this error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, have someone found a solution? I'm having the exact same problem. There is no link between MFP and Fitbit, but it says the same message, that there is another account already linked.

Already tried to unlink several times and it doesn't work, still shows the same message.

Is this like an intentional error so we don't use another app? Because the food logs on Fitbit are far away from good, it is rendered useless at least for my Mexican self. I really need to link it to be able to log food. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes