Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379
Try a simple reboot of your computer – has kept my charge 2 going for over 2 years past warranty.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR lasted 2 1/2 years but i Wanted to upgrade anyway to a HR3.  That just died yesterday.  Vibrating like crazy, took it off and put on charger and just smiles at me.. Cannot push in button, no lights blinking in back..Dead fit bit..2 years 1 month.   I would like to get a HR 4 now but seems these have planned life limits.  I did wear it for water aerobics once a weeks which is a reason I wanted it.  But also in hot tub which I would never do again.

Do you think its worth getting an extended warranty with it like the kind BJs sells?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 lasted about 18 months, then I decided to upgrade to the Charge 3 so I could wear it for swim workouts. 

That Charge 3 lasted one year before the display died. They didn't want to honor the warranty, because it was a few weeks over one year, but they did send me a replacement Charge 3. The replacement lasted 7 months and then the display went black. No amount of resetting worked.

I am waiting more to hear back from Fitbit. I told them I'd like to upgrade to a Charge 4, because obviously the Charge 3 is garbage. Hopefully they do right by me.

Best Answer

My first charge 2 lasted a year before it literally fell apart.  I had several charge since then all gifted and all dying within a year.  I was gifted a Versa 2 and the first  one lasted 10 months before having issues that left it non functioning.  The replacement they sent me is having functionality issues at 9 months with a screen that is unreadable.  With all 6 over the years I have never owned a single Fitbit that has lasted over a year.  This time they tell me they can give me a 35% discount since there is not a warranty.  I am not even sure I want to waste my money on a Fitbit since they just don't seem to go the distance.  I am extremely frustrated with the durability of these products.  I wear mine everyday all day and the only time I take it off is to swim, shower, charge it up but they just can't keep up with the demand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm done with the expensive smart watches that don't last and do t have
replaceable batteries. I just ordered nthis. For the price if it doesn't
last, I'm good, but so far my bf hasn't had any issues with it. Doesn't
have all bells and whistles, but has enough.

https://wyze.com/wyze-watch.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Wyze+Watch+47+-...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the original Fibit Flex for about 2 years and it died. Then I got
another, the same and it lasted 6 years, and is actually still recording my
steps but, it won't sync with my computer or mobile devices.
It means I don't get updates by email or any reporting.
So, I have stopped wearing it and don't plan to get another tracker. I know
what I have to do to get 10,000 steps.
I mainly liked it for walks and hikes so I could moan about how far I'd
gone.
I have an android phone so I use the Runkeeper app or the Google Fit app.
I think these devices just become badges of honour and I think there is too
much hype about them.
Good luck with yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow! Six years is excellent. I also have an original fitbit flex. It is
just over five years old and has begun acting a bit erratically, e.g.
sometimes grossly overestimating the number of steps (and sometimes
overestimating), so I think it is on the way out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read average life for Fitbit is 4 years. Mine lasted 7 years!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine lasted less than 8 months and went through 4 of them. Now use a
different brand
Best Answer
Life expectancy is about 4 years. Mine lasted 7!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to hear. Mine lasted about 6. I think the new ones are not so:good. I
won’t be buying another device. It’s a fad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex 1 lasted 7 1/2 years.

Best Answer
Wow!! I wonder if that is a world record.
Best Answer
0 Votes

About 14 months.

I have a charge 3. I wear it in the shower & swimming. It last 14 months.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had 3 fitbits.  I have loved having the data and it's hard to leave all of that behind, but I won't replace the second charge 3 that died after less than 2 years.  

Best Answer

@elmfarmer I believe this is what they call cutting off one's nose to spite their face? Perhaps in the future, consider purchasing an extended warranty at the time of purchase for the duration you'd like to assure yourself operability of the tracker? If not, recognize, we're wearing miniature computers on our wrists and things can happen.

I have many Fitbits. Some have lasted for years.

Best Answer

My Charge 3 lasted 9 months before it’s screen corrupted from a water leak at the wristband connection. Customer support was helpful but it took a month to obtain a new one. The new Charge 3 lasted 6 months before its battery died. It was fun too use but it’s a waste of money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR3 lasted over 3 years. Loved having a Fitbit so I purchased an Inspire. Does everything the HR did for so much less $ snd not as clunky looking…

Best Answer
0 Votes

"One" lasted about 3 years

charge lasted about 18 months

charge HR failed under warranty

charge 2 failed under warranty

ionic #1 failed under warranty

ionic #2 failed today after 11 months.

Best Answer
Yup they are highly priced + mine broke within a year . I’ve moved to Apple
Watch way better
Best Answer