Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did your Flex last before it died?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering how long do fitbits last before they die, in terms of steps and length of ownership.

I currently own a Fitbit Flex for about 18 months and have logged over 5.5 Million steps. I'm on my 3rd band. I was thinking about upgrading to a charge HR since they have a $50 trade in promotion at the microsoft store. I like the automatic sleep function on the Charge HR, but don't like that you can't change the band.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

HERE'S WHAT THIS THREAD IS MISSING!

With everyone sharing how long their flexes and other Fitbits lasted - why haven't we shared about what might've caused this? For instance, I'd shared mine lasted years and many still working but didn't detail how/why that is - and it's ridiculously simple. Would you like to learn? Cool, I'm going to make a new thread for best practices and I hope some of y'all can please share some of yours - just whatever you've learned that might help us too 🙂 Thanks!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
379 REPLIES 379

My Bit lasts approximately five days post full charge. I let it get to red and then recharge. I do not like charging my Bit because it doesn't record my actions while it's in the charger.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, but I was not referring to the battery dying. I should clarify, that i'm referring to the fitbit's lifespan. I'm trying to get an idea of how much longer my fitbit will last. This question is really for community members that have had a fitbit past the warranty period or had to throw out a older fitbit. 

Best Answer
I have an Ultra that I have had for years, two Flexes, and a Charge. All are fine. They don't have the issues with breaking that I have seen with some other brands.
Best Answer

I had my Ultra for almost 2 years. My One now 1 1/2 years. Charge HR is just to new 🙂

I did have a Flex. But it didnt like being in Water daily and died after 5 months.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
@WendyB

Out of curiosity, what kind of water? Shower or bath, wading type stuff, or actual swimming? I have been wondering how the Flex usually does long term with those types of activities.
Best Answer
I swim daily. I really didnt dry the contacts as much as I should. My fault
Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My Flex went dead after maybe 9 months, fortunately the customer service phone number was helpful and they replaced it within a week. For any issue it's better to call and speak to a live operator.

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Flex and I shower daily with it on. I've noticed it's not working as well as when it was new. When you say "in the water daily," are you talking about the shower or swimming because I do that too, but take my fitbit off for swimming. Your help is appreciated.

No need to answer, Wendy. I see that you did already. I should be okay then. Thank you!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have had my flex a year. It's still working fine. The band started to rip in November, where you bend it when you remove or replace the battery, but they replaced it with no problem. 

Best Answer

I had my fit bit for over 2 1/2 years and it even went through the washing machine once. It died just after Christmas. It was used every day and I was happy with the longevity for the money. I have now upgraded.

Best Answer

My fitbit died after 8 months. Fitbit has sent me new chargers for my flex but nothing works. I have cleaned my flex and taken care of it. I am really dissapointed in the sudden "death" of my fitbit. I don't think I can get a refund.

Best Answer

@OweMeMoney

A refund is unlikely though your tracker is still under warranty feel free recontacting the support team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip is 11 months old and still works like a charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit (Flex) did the swan dive last night, less than 9 mos of use. No warning, & no resuscitation. Biggg bummer. I never, never put it in water, (even though I'm a swimmer and it is irksome not to be able to use it in the pool). Always remove it for showering.

Not up for replacing this every less-than-a-year. Do not care for designs of any competitors, or even of the Charge. But also do not want to pay for a new Flex when it doesn't track biking or swimming, has only a 5 day battery charge life, etc.

Insight, help?

Best Answer

What happened to it? Is it the fitbit or the band? Since it is less than a year old, it is probably still under warranty. Talk to the customer service about a replacement. Here's the link: http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Best Answer
Thank you so much for the suggestion. Nothing happened: working normally, then kaput! Best, C
Best Answer
0 Votes

@cscnyc

When having purchased new, the tracker should be under warranty. Warranty won't count in cases when bought second-hand..

Feel free to check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support (when desired) as @betpchem mentioned.

Once purchased a new gaming computer, not wanting to startup after installing a official update, and got replaced by the store. There's always a risk with technology even when purchased new. This is why at least a year of warranty must be given.

Some companies can even give longer warranty periods on their products (1, 2, 5 even 7 years..)..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my flex for 3 years.  Have worn it daily and in shower, pool and ocean with outout drying it off after I get out.  I think it finally just died because I have tried reset and won't sync.  Calling customer service to see.  I figure I spent $98 and lasted 3 years, not bad.

Best Answer
My neighbor and I both got a Fit bit Charge last Sept . Her's fell apart in April and mine just died yesterday! 8- 9 months!
Best Answer