Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart a Flex without the restart pin hole

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So a while back I lost my Flex charger. I bought one online and it didn't have a reset button. The charger worked a few times but now my Flex every time I plug it in flashes four of the five lights twice (two on either side of the middle one). My Flex did this when I first got it and I know this means it needs to reset, but obviously that's kind of hard without a reset button. I tired to connect a +5V to the middle pin and 0V to right pin, and then apply +5V momentarily to the left pin. It did not work. Is there any way I can reset it without a reset button?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Could u please go into a bit more detail about where to put the pebble please!! Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just plug it up like you charging it. But you need to take the charger off
4-5 times really rapidly. You can feel it vibrate every time it starts to
charge. It will reset it. It worked of mine.
Best Answer

Hi does this also work with the alta??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I have an Alta.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys, good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

For anyone needing to restart their Flex and not knowing how exactly to, please, follow these instructions:

Plug the charging cable to any USB port or UL-certified USB wall charger and remove the pebble from the wristband and put it into the charging cable. Then, insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger for 3-4 seconds and then take the tracker out of the charger and put it into the wristband.

If you have any other tracker and you need to know how to restart it, follow the instructions on this link where you will find instructions for every tracker.

If you need to buy a new charger, check the Fitbit online store in the Accessories section.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked!!!  Awesome- thanks!

Best Answer

You're a lifesaver  Thank you. 

Best Answer

Omg thank youuuuuu!!!

Best Answer

You can also buy a replacement charger - with a reset hole - for about $2 on eBay. And they're not all 3rd party, many of them are also Fitbit brand products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I buy 3rd party chargers because they're so much cheaper, and they last just as long. If you check on Amazon, you can find 3rd party ones that still have that little charging hole. I usually buy 2-3 at a time, so if I lose one or one stops working (eventually they all wear out), I'm not left high and dry.

I'm a huge fan of 3rd party bands, too, which come in a lot more colors and (for me) last just as long or longer, and you can get ones that stay on your wrist more securely. 

Best Answer

Not all heroes wear capes. THANK YOU.

Best Answer

You're welcome ... as they say, necessity is the mother of invention!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The collection of bands I have is probably one of the main reasons I haven't upgraded my Fitbit. lol  The only think I've noticed is the translucent plastic that the lights show through is usually black/clear on 3rd party bands and color-coordinated on Fitbit proprietary bands. I did manage to pick up a set of 3 proprietary bands on clearance at a Microcenter a few weeks ago for less than $5 so that was nice. There are advantages to using a time-tested product like this. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Ha! Me too! I have flowered bands, striped bands, pastel bands, earth tone bands, jewel tone bands...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heya I just wanted to ask what is the pebble?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's the black oblong thing that you pop out of the band and put in the charger.  It's the actual tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why doesn't Fitbit just reduce the price of the charger a little bit??  20 bucks for a little cable is really ridiculous and a big disservice to your customers who want to keep continue using your product.  

Best Answer

Does it only work on flex 2 and not others like flex 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Geogia687 - would you please share the video? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not using a 3rd party charger and still having this problem so...

Best Answer
0 Votes