Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart a Flex without the restart pin hole

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So a while back I lost my Flex charger. I bought one online and it didn't have a reset button. The charger worked a few times but now my Flex every time I plug it in flashes four of the five lights twice (two on either side of the middle one). My Flex did this when I first got it and I know this means it needs to reset, but obviously that's kind of hard without a reset button. I tired to connect a +5V to the middle pin and 0V to right pin, and then apply +5V momentarily to the left pin. It did not work. Is there any way I can reset it without a reset button?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CheyenneT

As you've noticed, the 3rd party chargers often don't have the hole in them to perform the reset.  Fitbit does not support any other method of resetting the device and I personally do not know of any unsupported methods.  Your best bet is to get an official fitbit charger,  If you are in the US, they are available in the online store. 

Community Council Member

BJ | NC, USA

Flex and Charge | Windows 7 | Kindle Fire

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
48 REPLIES 48

There is no reset button for the flex.  Here are the directions on restarting the flex:

1.  Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable.
2.  Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
3.  Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.

Best Answer

Hi @CheyenneT

As you've noticed, the 3rd party chargers often don't have the hole in them to perform the reset.  Fitbit does not support any other method of resetting the device and I personally do not know of any unsupported methods.  Your best bet is to get an official fitbit charger,  If you are in the US, they are available in the online store. 

Community Council Member

BJ | NC, USA

Flex and Charge | Windows 7 | Kindle Fire

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow.  I didn't realize third party chargers exist!  Thanks for the input @peppergal!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, if you don't live in the US, you can't use the US cables as the voltage is different. My fitbit came without any ability to reset it, which is annoying. It is packaged, sent, and - effectively defective - all in legit fitbit packaging. Very annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, gang. Just figured out how to do a reset with a cheap-o after market charger. Simply pop the pebble in and out of the charger 3 times in 5 seconds. Voila! I'm back in action.

Best Answer

Just bought an after market charger, this trick worked! Thank you!!!

Best Answer

What is the "pebble"

Best Answer
0 Votes
The electronic part of the Flex 2 that goes into the wristband/charger. Not my word. Fitbit's. 🙂

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It did not reset the time, any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a life-saver. I bought a cheap after-market charging cable when my original went out and it does not have the reset button. Your trick to rapidly pull it out of the charger 3 times won't like a charm. Saved me $ and a lot of heartache.

Best Answer

I tried this method and it didnt work. What could be wrong with

Best Answer
0 Votes

keep trying it took me 5 or 6 times to get the timing right

Best Answer

Worked for me! This SHOULD be the ACCEPTED SOLUTION, but I guess fitbit wants to sell everyone a new charger. I couldn't even find the link for their store!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you soo much!! This worked!! Been trying for days!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi every one! Thanks for sharing workarounds for this situation. Please take a look to our Warranty Policies before acquiring any non Fitbit product.

Keep in mind that our Limited Product Warranty does not apply to damage or defects caused by the use of non-Fitbit products. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Hey 

I having same trouble with my fitbit charge but i don't seem to find an official charger. Any idea where i might find these besides in the fitbit store ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It will reset. Found a video that shows if you keep clipping the charger to
the fitbit 3-4 times quickly it will reset it. I tried it and it worked
fantastically!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try Best Buy or Target. I had to buy a new one my Flex died. I bought the Alta HR. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JV2316 @Geogia687 @LadyDi34715 Great to have you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 😄

Thanks a lot for the input @LadyDi34715 @Geogia687!

@JV2316, you can also purchase a new tracker from the Fitbit online Store. For more information on this, you can click here.

Any other thing you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer