Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart a Flex without the restart pin hole

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So a while back I lost my Flex charger. I bought one online and it didn't have a reset button. The charger worked a few times but now my Flex every time I plug it in flashes four of the five lights twice (two on either side of the middle one). My Flex did this when I first got it and I know this means it needs to reset, but obviously that's kind of hard without a reset button. I tired to connect a +5V to the middle pin and 0V to right pin, and then apply +5V momentarily to the left pin. It did not work. Is there any way I can reset it without a reset button?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

well, Funny, my 'aftermarket' charger has a fitbit design on it, but of course no hole to restart. I've gotten the vibration, and well, still not able to download my information since most recent update. I've decided it's not me, it's not my Fitbit since August 22, it's the latest version that needs a FIX. I'm working on my Fitbit from my Andriod and hoping that tonight as I sleep the Fitbit update comes thru... err worst part is I'm leaving for Alaska mission trip and plan to put some STEPS on majorly so I need it working by August 31!

Best Answer

It's definitely the latest Fitbit update, because my flex stopped syncing on the 22nd as well. Now the bluetooth pairing is rejected by Flex. Customer service is no help - they blame it on my phone. Somehow it manually synced while I was chatting with the rep, but when I pressed further to try and figure out the underlying issue so I didn't run into it again, the rep literally hung up on me. I haven't been able to sync since.

My guess is that Fitbit wants us to buy a new device, so they bricked the old reliable Flex. Very, very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bryan is a genius. It worked as described, but alas I hadn't seen his post till I received a new charger with a reset aperture. Hohum.  Thanks Bryan anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG!!! Been trying to sync fitbit flex for months.  Didnt have a factory charger and finally came across this solution, it worked.  Just keep popping it in and out of non OEM charger, and eventually it syncs with phone.  Took me around 3 or 4 minutes to get it right.  THANKS AGAIN!!  Revived my fitbit flex!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was your timing like where you waiting for all 5 lights to come on before taking it out or were you taking it out when the four lights where on 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the process of taking the pebble out of the charger multiple times without success.  However, I did find a solution to reset a Flex without the original charger cable.  The charger cable for a Flex 2 has a reset button on the bottom surface.  The procedure to reset a Flex with a Flex 2 charging cable is as follows.  Plug in the Flex 2 charger and lay it on a corner of a flat surface with the reset button hanging over the edge.  (I used the edge of my laptop computer) Take the Flex pebble and set it over the three pins in the middle of the Flex 2 charger.  Press down and hold it in place with one hand.  After the LEDs illuminate, use your other hand to press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the Flex 2 charger.  When the Flex pebble lights go out, the Flex is reset.  Flex 2 charger cables with the reset button are available from the aftermarket and are less than $10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done this many times and still no device found.  I mean that doesn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you know it’s worked? Does the phone buzz or something. Would love to know.

Same here.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Do you still know/have access to that video?

Best Answer
0 Votes