Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see steps on my dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot get steps on my dashboard. How do I rectify this

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Lauralooscoo, it’s been several weeks now and my Fitbit still won’t connect to Bluetooth and I have no steps or sleep.  My chat only lasted 5 minutes before the rep told me I had done all the troubleshooting, nothing left to do. He told me I’d be receiving a survey but he must have known he would 

Best Answer

I am having all of these issues since updating the Fitbit ap. Just want to see my steps and sleep pattern. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Best Answer
Ugh that sucks! I can’t believe there’s nothing else they can do!!
Best Answer

the option to add steps is not there. 
food, water and others are, but steps is missing.

Best Answer

I have done that and only f health, water, and food there.  No steps, distance, sleep etc

Best Answer

I have done this and there isn’t any more apps

Best Answer

Hi, 

My Fitbit doesn’t seem to have the sleep or steps recorded. When I try to click add as per your instructions there is no + to add anything? Please help!

Best Answer

Hi i got the same problem. I deleted the app and downloaded it again and the problem wasn’t fixed l.

Best Answer

Any help from Fitbit?  Or should I just buy an Apple Watch?

this is maddening.

Best Answer

FYI: My senior mother owns  Fitbit Versa and Versa2.  I don't own one myself but help her with new and changing technologies.

Tried these steps and it didn't work.

Uninstalled and reinstalled - didn't work.

*Troubleshooting begins*

Review of context:

Fitbit Versa tracks steps and heart rate (only things she cares about) and dashboard on old iPad and shows all trackable metrics. Perfect!

Got new iPad, installed the app and logged in with existing account and now the dashboard only shows calories. ☹️

Tried the steps listed previously in this thread - didn't work.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and logged in with existing account - still didn't work to show steps, but does show calories (value from the watch) and the personal information from her account.

This indicates there is some information being passed from the watch to the online account, and from the online account to the iPad.

Note: Troubleshooting showed Fitbit not connected to iPad via Bluetooth

Solution:

Go to Fitbit app on the iPad and "Connect device" - this means you will need to pick your watch and reconnect via Bluetooth. We had to enter a 4 digit security code for Bluetooth connectivity between the watch and the iPad, then enter the Wifi password : all as part of the setup. 

At this point you should see the Fitbit connecting and syncing data. When that is done, you can go back to the dashboard, "edit" the main screen and add in the Steps widget.

Summary: you need to reconnect the watch to the specific device, even though some information is passed from your watch to the online account (must be some sort of Wifi connection - this was the part that caused out confusion because some info was being displayed on the dashboard).

Hope this helps someone out there, and keep moving!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have lost my steps. It now shows calories. I tried your instructions, and I cannot see the step icon. Do you have another suggestion please?

Best Answer

Hi I have the same problem with my alta hr2.. have given it to my mum.. have u paired it from my device and downloaded the app and paired it with hers... the dashboard shows calories not steps and when  you go into it and edit there is no step option again. Help please ! Thankyou!

Best Answer

Lost the steps on my phone 

I have a Charge3

Best Answer

Do not have that tile!

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

I have tried this as my Fitbit steps have gone and it don’t give me the option to add the steps to the dashboard they ain’t there to add? Do you know what else I could try 

Best Answer

Don't throw it out, use a SLEDGEHAMMER on it!

Best Answer

steps are not one of the tiles...they were there but dissapeared 😞  how do i get them back 

Best Answer

Agreed.........have not been impressed with my Fitbit. Sledge is next on my list. My steps are not being recorded on my app or on the online portal. I want to spend time walking, not trouble shooting this.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa  2 is not showing steps in my app.  When I tap the edit button. Steps are not an option to add. It has also lost all of my history except for the last 6 days.  Can someone please give me current information on how to fix this in the the new ios16?  

Best Answer