Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see steps on my dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot get steps on my dashboard. How do I rectify this

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

@coxchris Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! If you don' see the step tile on the Fitbit app is because its hidden. Do not worry, to get it back follow these steps:

• Swipe down to the bottom of the dashboard.
  • Tap on "Edit".
  • Search for the tile that is missing it should show a "+" sign on the corner.
  • Tap the "+" sign and drag it to the place you want it to be.
  • Tap "Done".

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks I will try again tomorrow , hope it works I put in 12 miles today maybe more, would be great to know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trishranch Thanks for your reply! Sounds good, hopefully that will help you out!

I'll wait for your answer.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let me know! Smiley Happy

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

When I did this, the option for seeing steps on the dashboard was not available

Best Answer

@Rose5 Welcome to the Fitbit family! That could be happening as a result of your Flex not being paired to your account! 

I recommend performing these set up steps for iOS devices, once set up, you should be able to see the steps and all the tiles. If a tile is not found after the set up process; the steps on my post above should help you out!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried to reload the fitbit device on my iphone, but the "searching"
message is all that shows up. I have reset the fitbit, made sure it is
charged, and that the lights are showing on the bit. Not sure if the issue
is with the fitbit or the phone (my weekly exercise / calories are being
tracked, but cannot see activity (steps).
Best Answer

@Rose5 Thanks for your reply! Are you still experiencing this problem?

If you do not see your steps on the app's dashboard and the "Edit" option posted above didn't work; please send me a screen shot of your app's dashboard. Also, another screen shot of the tile options that appear when you hit the "Edit" button. That way I can see what is happening there!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
All fixed! I reinstalled it and that fixed the problem! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Rose5 Thanks for your reply! That is awesome! I'm very glad to hear that you were able to fix the problem. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users on this Community as well! 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have that option listed at all, plus Edit is at the top. Are there different instructions for the iPhone app than what you are talking about?

Best Answer

you may not have a device added to the fitbit app. If you are using your iphone, you'll need to add the device "MobileTrack" to your fitbit app and sync to your iPhone's activity app. If you have an Apple Watch, you'll need to use the app "myFitnessSync" to sync data from your watch to the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day, I followed the steps on the page, but my fitbit app is not recording on my phone(Huawei P30 lite), I've downloaded the app and linked it to my Vitality profile, but still no activities/steps being recorded?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day, I followed the steps on the page, but my fitbit app is not recording on my phone(Huawei P30 lite), I've downloaded the app and linked it to my Vitality profile, but still no activities/steps being recorded?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app all of a sudden doesn’t show my steps. I’ve tried to add them back but unsuccessfully any suggestions 

Best Answer

Thanks.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also don’t see my sleep info

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dashboard doesn't work anymore.  It used to show the steps, calories burned, active minutes, and total miles.  Then an hour ago, only the calories burned.  Now whenever I try to sync, the dashboard now says "Tile migration failed."  The fitbit is synched to my phone.  I'm not sure why this is happening.  Was there a recent update?

Best Answer
I don’t know if a recent update

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you resolved getting your steps back on your dashboard?  Like you, mine changed from steps to calories burned yesterday.
When I go into edit, the only options under activity are exercise, weight, water or food. 

Very frustrating

Thank you. 

Best Answer