Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Larger Wrist Bands Please

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Most manufacturers of clothing etc, have S, M, L, XL, XXL & XXXL. Beyond that you need a specialty store.

I'm 6'1 and workout daily and I use a belt clip fitbit. I want a Fitbit charge but when I cut the wrist band template out....it barely touches which tells me the band won't fit me. I've asked other people and they have the same complaint but told me of other comparable products I can buy. I dont want other products.

The fit bit is typcially worn by people who....1) simply want to track their daily walks, sleep, etc OR 2) by people who want to lose weight. So for the population out there of folks wanting to lose weight with big wrists....sorry folks you're out of luck. FitBit doesnt want your business?? Or for folks like me....a big man yes, but this product doesnt fit. Why not make the band XXXL and aloow people to cut it to size? 

Do I have to buy a competitve product? Please tell me larger bands are on the way. If not, I guess we have to break up. 😞

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

I see from this thread that the Blaze at some point was available with an XL band. It doesn't seem to be any longer. Nor can I find any aftermarket Blaze bands in XL. What gives? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't worn Mt HR for almost a year because of the size issue. There was a third-party manufacturer that saw a post of my complaints to the manufacturer and sent me free of charge an extension to try. It was something that doubled up the thickness of the strap unless I cut the old strap which I was reluctant to do. I finally cut the old strap and added the extension and wore it for approximately 5 days this past week. It worked very well. And then the original strap on the other end broke in half. I would really like to wear this thing but they would not replace it from the factory for free even though I ordered the large one in advance. That was before they had supplied something to measure your wrist with. Good luck on your results. Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your effort to supply bands to fit everyone is not good enough. I need a band that is a minimum of nine to nine and a half inches just to go around my wrist. You need to reevaluate who your clientele base is. We who are a larger size than are the ones who are buying your product to lose weight and to get in shape. Even if I lose weight my wrist is not going to shrink because I am a larger built man. Please listen to your clients and make something that works for us. Paul A. Valley

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with FitBit Support.

Roberto informs me that the company has discontinued the XL wristbands because ... 

you're going to love this ...

The Large wristbands are close enough.

Following up with sales

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I spoke with sales support.

The Blaze and Ionic wrist bands are bigger and provide for a 10" wrist. (Allegedly) I'll find out soon enough.

Told her to pass along that they need to update the sizing chart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. This!

My boyfriend has been talking a lot about getting a fitbit. But his issue is the band.

He's 6'6 and built like a linebacker, including thick hands and thick wrists. 

It would be nice to find a band, that was quality, for those larger wristed people. Especially for the upgraded fitbits that don't have interchangeable bands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve moved on. Larger people are not in Fitbit’s business model. Period. They claim to be a company that wants to help all people become fit, but unless you fit into what they perceive to be people…. you’re out of luck. I’m glad my original post is receiving attention, but I’ve moved on. I don't buy Fitbit products because 1) they didn't respond to me 2) they apparently don't care. I’ve received free Fitbit products from my employer and toss it right in the trash. There are tons of other products and companies out there that do provide wrist bands that fit. Fitbit isn’t a market corning product, they are just one in a ton that won’t receive my business and when asked by larger people, I steer them clear!

Best Answer
0 Votes

why don't you allow people to vote thumbs down? Because I am pretty sure by the responses...you'd receive some relevant feedback. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trontech wrote:

Ok, I spoke with sales support.

The Blaze and Ionic wrist bands are bigger and provide for a 10" wrist. (Allegedly) I'll find out soon enough.

Told her to pass along that they need to update the sizing chart.

My husband has had the blaze for about 3 months in the large and it won't fit an 8 1/2" to 9" wrist so I know it won't fit a 10" wrist.  I've been wanting to get one and been debating on trying to get the wrist band for his to see if it fits me before dropping that kind of money on something for me that won't fit me.  

I think this company is totally loosing out a market out there on people wanting to loose weight and can't find a decent product like this that will fit them.  I have totally been in love with the fitbit products, I even had one that you wore, but found that it just did not do what I needed it to do and just was not quite accurate and wanted a wrist type one.  One day a new company will come into view with this type of product and steal the show and someone at the top at fitbit will read these posts and ask why didn't R&D do something. Smiley Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I know this is am older post but it still shows up if you Google "fitbit for larger wrists". I wanted to say thus has put me off buying a fitbit until now. I have just bought the ionic. I know it is the most expensive but it had all the features I wanted and a very big wrist band. I am 6 feet tall and 180kg or over 400 pounds and the ionic fits my wrist comfortably with 3 size holes to spare... it is doing the job I wanted and shaming me into my target 8000 steps a day 🙂 

Hope this helps others as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm very happy for you. It doesn't help people that bought their initial product and bought the largest size wristband available and have it not fit. If they would like to exchange mine Fitbit with one of the new and most expensive products with a larger wristband that would make me happy. But my product will not and cannot have a new  Factory authorized replacement wristband. My daughter who is an artist utilized the band from another watch and with the help of an exacto knife blade along with a cigarette lighter and sort of fused the two together. This makes it somewhat tolerable but it is not completely comfortable and it is very ugly. But it's the only thing that sort of worked thanks to my daughter. So go ahead and spend a lot of money on their latest product I guess they have learned their lesson and made the band's larger.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is great you have went to xtr large. But we still need a bigger size. Thanks.

Best Answer

I purchased my Fitbit charge HR because of its ability to monitor my pulse rate. I had cardiac surgery and per my doctor I was allowed to exercise, but not allowed to have my pulse go higher than 100 beats per minute. I purchased the large size band for my Fitbit HR. What I didn't know was that it was designed to not fit someone with a medium to large wrist. It has never fit my wrist and will fall off if I try to wear it. In an attempt to rectify this situation I have contacted the manufacturer several times and have told them, as many others have told them, that they are not sizing their bands properly. To further frustrate me more, the HR type Fitbit, is not capable of having a new larger band installed on it. Unlike every other watch in the world that allows you to replace a band easily and inexpensively to whatever size or style you want, Fitbit refuses to make a correction for this problem. If they would Simply replace my unit with a different one that has a extra large or extra extra large band for no charge that would be a very satisfactory solution to my problem. Because of my condition I cannot work. Because I cannot work I cannot go out and buy a new style Fitbit with a larger band that would fit my wrist. I really wish that Fitbit would consider allowing people who bought these early units to exchange them for something that would work for them. I also wish that they would allow for bigger band sizes and allow for easy replacement of bands for other people who would like to have larger or different style watch bands. I do not think this is a extravagant thing to ask of Fitbit. In fact I would think it would be an automatic response by them if they want to please their customers. Please change your policy and fix your problems. After all they were your problems in the first place by not Manufacturing the proper size.Thank you, sharpfocus 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit alta and have a 7'7 size wrist - it is unfortunately just between sizes.  The large size can only be used from the 3rd hole onwards, otherwise the end of the strap wont be held by the loop and I might lose the fitbit.  I am just that size where I need to use the 2nd hole.  Fitbit very kindly sent me an extra large strap, but it is too large for me.  I wear the fitbit some days, but not always, as it is just not comfortable enough to wear I was hoping there was another strap that was designed slightly differently that I could buy that might fit better.

Best Answer
You are very lucky. I purchased the first HR Fitbit in a large size and it's too small. I reported it to the company and they have completely ignored me. I wish they would respond like they have responded to you. Good luck in the future. I hope you get a reasonable response in a reasonable amount of time.Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

After sales support told me that the Ionic came in XL size, I did some more checking. It does not.

The largest size for the Ionic is for an 8.1" wrist.

The Alta HR and comes in XL, but that only gets you to 9.3" ... They used to call that Large, now it's XL?

Between the sizing issues and the really poor quality of their products, I am done with Fitbit. I'm sure there are other companies that want my money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You and me too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You and me too. Although my daughter has patched my Beyond together with another one it is very uncomfortable to wear and I only use it every once in awhile. I cannot work anymore and so I will have to save my money and research well before purchase a gun other smart watch to help me with my health. Thanks for your update. Take care and good luck. If you find something better you may wish to post it as well.

Best Answer

I don't understand why my Fitbit fit when I got it and now the band broke and won't stay snapped into place, and I can't buy another replacement to fit.  Largest I can find it 8.5 inches in length, and I need 9 to 9.3 inches to feel comfortable.  Does not make any since.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Surge wrist band just broke.

My tracker was originally ordered with a factory supplied 'Extra Large' wristband.

Fitbit now tell me there is no replacement available as it is a one piece design and discontinued.

They offered me a 25% discount on a new tracker, can't see any fitbits that would fit my wrist.

The original could be easily replaced, I took off the old strap without any problem.

I can find other Surge straps online Amazon..... but no XL size!!

Not happy with poor customer support, seems to me my $300 device is trash!

Best Answer
0 Votes