Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit says it's fully charged but doesnt work once off the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit does not work consistently. It says it's fully charged but once taken off the charger it doesnt work. I've tried resetting it. Sometimes it randomly works but not the entire day. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

I charge my battery for my flex and then when I put it back into the wrist band it won't register any steps. I have done all of the updates and tried the reset button.  This has been going on for months but previously the reset button would fix it. 

Best Answer

When the fitbit is plugged into the USB drive, it shows a full charge and will sync with my phone and computer.  However, when I put it into my bracelet it will not sync and the lights do not light up.  I have tried different USB ports and resetting the device. Help!

Best Answer

I have notice that the fitbot flex starts to charge and 1st sigle light flashes, suddenly after less than 1 hr all lights flash as fully charged which is not possible ! usually takes almost 3 hrs for fully charge !!!

If I take out the flex from charger and reinsert it then 1st single light flashes again !

I did try to restar the flex problem seams to remain how come?

any of you had same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! Hope you're doing well.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had troubles with your Fitbit Flex. As far as I know, all of you have a Fitbit Flex that stops working as soon as you remove it from the charger.

The basic step to fix  this particular issue is applying a restart. If you've already restarted your Fitbit Flex, I recommend you to contact to our Support team to let them know about it. They'll be able to help you. If you've already contacted them, please share your Fitbit Flex experience so far. Your feedback is appreciated. 

You can also join this discussion where some users are experiencing about the same issue. 

Let me know if I can do something else!

P.S. Welcome to Fitbit Community for those new members!

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
I have just raised my issue with customer service. In the forum though, people are saying that it can take 2 weeks to get a response! I hope not!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sherryn You did a great job. Now let's wait until you receive a response. Our team is currently working through a backlog of inquiries, it may take longer than usual to receive a response, but I can assure you that you will receive the proper assistance soon. Hope you can resolve your issue. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue.  Tried all the recommendations to update the device and reset, but still no luck.  It seems it shuts off when out of the charger dongle, and turns back on when in it.  I've only had the flex for 6 mos.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @flopek! In this case, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team via email here or you can call (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. I am sure they will be more than glad to further assist you. Cat Happy

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Mines doing the same thing. If broke this is the 2nd one I've had to replace in A year.
Best Answer

@Fitness47 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I recommend checking this post about batteries draining quickly, you will find some tips to maximize it. Also, check these charging best practices, it is always good to know. 

If you keep experiencing those issues; the best thing to do is to contact customer support to get further assistance and the best solution available. You can check the warranty here.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Fit bit charged but wont track steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ttjbtm5714 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is very strange, it should track steps if it is fully charged! I recommend performing a restart on your Flex to fix this problem. Do this a couple of times. 

Also, when was the last time you synced your tracker? It may be that the problem is with the syncing aspects on your Flex and that could be the reason why you don't see steps tracked. Is your Flex showing light dots on its display when you tap it twice? If you are experiencing issues syncing your tracker; please check this syncing master post to get some syncing troubleshooting steps to fix this issue. Just look for the platform you are using within the posts.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbi shows fully charged but when I put it back in the braclets.Should it is showing battery  empty

Best Answer

@lizparis20.ca Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is strange! I recommend checking these tips to maximize the battery on your Flex.

Also, perform a couple restarts on your Flex. It is always good for the tracker.

If you have done this and still nothing; report the problem to customer support to get further assistance on this matter.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you have your problem solved? how?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @tinglee! What kind of issue are you experiencing specifically?

If you are experiencing issues with your battery, check this post to get some tips you can try to fix!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Fitbit Alta. Put it on charge, syncs with my phone as well and then says it's fully charged (whilst being charged overnight). Then I put it on the next day and the battery on my Fitbit & app then says half charged/ Orange battery! 

Happened quite a lot now. 

Best Answer

I had this same issue with 2 Fitbit ones in a short period of time and fit it told me there was nothing they could do. I just pulled mine out today to see if there were any updates and there were so updated and reset it several times and same thing. They have bad batteries in them that’s all there is to it unfortunately!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same issue with 2 Fitbit ones in a short period of time and fit b

@Ebbachristine wrote:

I'm having the same problem with my Fitbit Alta. Put it on charge, syncs with my phone as well and then says it's fully charged (whilst being charged overnight). Then I put it on the next day and the battery on my Fitbit & app then says half charged/ Orange battery! 

Happened quite a lot now. 

it told me there was nothing they could do. I just pulled mine out today to see if there were any updates and there were so updated and reset it several times and same thing. They have bad batteries in them that’s all there is to it unfortunately!

Best Answer
0 Votes