Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit says it's fully charged but doesnt work once off the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit does not work consistently. It says it's fully charged but once taken off the charger it doesnt work. I've tried resetting it. Sometimes it randomly works but not the entire day. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Mines is doing the same, stopped working properly after about 6 months, did you find a solution?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
Hi - yeah this was resolved with support from FitBit. I re set it and they did a test on their end, then I left it to just run out of battery after no use for a week (I was lost) then charged it and re installed the app and all good. This was also about 2 years ago though.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @MLgrant, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community. Many thanks @Ebbachristine for share your experience with Fitbit. 

@MLgrant can you please confirm, you have already checked Santi's post ?  

Give it a shot and let me know if that works! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that it did not work for me, thank you for your reply

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us and for troubleshooting this issue with us @MLgrant.

In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team. Keep an eye on your mail box. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice weekend! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is Fitbit Alta when plugged in it's fully charged and lights up,but when I take it off it won't react to my tapping or show steps and suchlike the only thing it shows when I plug it in again is the calories I've used I'm in a quandary as to what is wrong

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I’m not sure - this question of mine was from 2 years ago now. I believe I left the battery to die then charged via laptop and then contacted Fitbit via twitter who confirmed email communication with an appropriate Fitbit UK advisor. This never worked in the end and I was sent out another Alta Fitbit. After leaving the original Fitbit for a month to drain the battery it started to work on charging at the main connector. My husband tried it and it’s worked for a whole day, but slow upload. 

Unsure if this is helpful, but I would suggested contacting Fitbit via twitter or starting a new conversation/ message with a Fitbit representative on this site.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes i've noticed this have you figured out how to fix this 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn’t use it for awhile then reset it and so far it has been good until lately and now it like turns off or something weird and doesn’t track all my steps. I don’t notice that it isn’t tracking until I go to look to see how many steps I have and it is like it has been turned off and when I hold the button in to turn it on it is like my steps were not counted and then it starts counting after turning it on. Not sure why or how it shuts off though

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a resolution to this issue?  I'm having the same problem!

Best Answer
Well I did get it to work for a bit and now it just isn’t counting all my steps. I reset it all to get it to work for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. Do you fix it?

Best Answer
Well it did for a short time and now it has completely died😢😢 I do not know how to remove this post lol

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Nope
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit.   My device was replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

I am replying to this thread to take note that this also is happening with me.  I have a Fitbit and used it once and didn't use it for awhile and then when I go to use it again the device does not work, unless it is charging.  I contacted Fitbit via chat and by phone and while the representatives were extremely patience and nice they are not able to help.  Since the item was a gift from my company who gives them out in large amounts I did not have to purchase and did not loose out on my money.  I will not be purchasing another device from Fitbit as I did not expect the item to mysteriously stop working again at the price point you pay for it only to have Fitbit to say the warranty is only good for 6-12 months, and there is nothing further to be done.  Since Fitbit can see that it was only used once it would be great if there can be some type of assistance they can offer to users in my situation as the device is basically brand new.  Hope this helps someone else as this thread did help me determine that there is some type of potential defect when it comes to the battery in these devices and mine was not just a one off case.

Good luck

Best Answer
Just get an Apple Watch. That’s what I did. It’s much better and more accurate

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just got my Fitbit (Flex 2) as a gift yesterday, after my last one stopped displaying (Alta).  Charged it overnight...4 white dots.  Off the charger nada...tried to reset 3 different times.  No luck.  Called customer support (it's Saturday, 1:27pm EST, so within the hours) and it says the office is closed.  FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine for Christmas . I thought it was my charger but I bought a new one and it didnt make a difference . Mine says its 83% charged but once off charger it just goes black and stays black . 
Disappointing:(  

Best Answer
0 Votes