Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Flex 2 is losing steps after I sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

For the past couple of days my Flex 2 has removed steps.  I reach 10,000 steps, get the buzz and little celebration etc and next time I sync I am down sometimes up to 3,000 steps.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

I tried the suggestion of turning off the All Day Sync feature and, so far, after a little more than a week I have seen improvement.  There is always a delay but my workout does show up correctly and my steps are still intact.  I will post again at the end of the month to let you know if its still working or not.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m seeing the same improvement. It’s been two weeks and I haven’t had any loss of steps. Good luck and keep us posted. I’ll do the same.
😊

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @Downtown1988 and @samw21, thank you both for posting your updates! Sounds great that your Flex 2 are working fine again after trying some tips. 😉 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

What i have learned from this current issue is that for users of multiple Fitbit trackers(that includes the Flex) the best practice is to avoid syncing the trackers when they are close to each other. The current remedy(moving each tracker at least 30 steps away from each other) is a bit tedious but i have not lost any steps so far. I hope that Fitbit really looks into this issue and provides a far better solution than separating the trackers. This could eventually be a problem with me as i sometimes bring both trackers with me on trips and might be presented with a situation where i cannot provide the required distance between the trackers to avoid losing steps.

Best Answer
Yes, I have tried both suggestions, moving them away from each other and
turning off all day sync, and I was still losing steps. I never had this
problem with my Fitbit Charge 2 and my Fitbit One. So it us an issue with
the Flex.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that the issue is with the Flex 2. I have had the Charge, Charge 2, and the One and i have never experienced this issue of syncing with all trackers together.

Maripilar when you do lose steps is it a lot of steps(as in a whole days worth - 10k steps)) or is it just a few( as in under 500 steps)? Ort is it a case of both?

Best Answer
So far it has been about 3-4k steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is a lot of steps lost. I'm sorry the proposed work around is not helping. 

A few more questions : when you do separate the trackers do you really make sure that the app can only sync with one tracker and not the other? I mean do you really put a big distance like around 30 steps(in my case that's around 10m.  Is it possible that the app is still seeing both trackers and is therefore still getting confused. And is it constant as in every time you sync your trackers there is always a 3-4k step loss? With me before  there was always a loss but very minute(around 200 steps) one and sometimes the whole day was wiped out. But it was more a case of small steps and not a lot. 

I can understand if you are not using the Flex anymore. I hope Fitbit finds a fix for this soon. I love the Flex 2s size and waterproofness so i will stick with it and wait for the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @pieatot and @Maripilar, I hope you are doin' great! Well, in my case, I do have a Charge 2 and a Flex 2 as well, and when both are very close to each other (at least in the same room) it is hard for the Fitbit app to find the one I want to sync. Normally takes longer and if I did a lot of steps with my Charge 2 and then I want to sync the steps done with my Flex 2, most of the times I lost a lot of steps, because the data messes up between trackers. However, If I put one of the trackers with maybe two rooms of distance, they sync fine. So my best recommendation will be not to sync both at the same time, and put them separately when you decide which one you want to sync. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for all of the suggestions and feedback about the issue. Fitbit
has been great at responding to this thread with short term fixes. It
seems that these fixes may or may not work for everyone. It would be great
to know if the product team at Fitbit has any plans long-term to address
tracking with multiple devices. Fitbit encourages users to buy the latest
devices, use different devices for various activity types. I bought the
Flex 2 so I could take it swimming, which works great. However even when I
turn off all day sync, I still lose steps. Hopefully there is an update in
the future that would allow users like us, and I would assume most Fitbit
users, an easier way to turn off one tracker and turn on another.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Any option to prevent unwanted syncing of multiple Fitbit trackers is welcome. Ever since this issue with my Flex 2 came up i have become very conscious of syncing.  A bit annoying that it makes the syncing harder/more complicated than it has to be. I wish i had know of this issue before i bought a swim/waterproof tracker.

Best Answer

@Maripilar @pieatot I hope you're doing well! Adding to @HeydyF's great suggestions you can try syncing both early in the morning when you haven't walked too much. After this whenever you change tracker's during the day sync both so the data is upload to the Fitbit servers. Leave the one you aren't wearing in a safe place it is properly detected that is wasn't used during this period (maybe on your nightstand or home desk so it isn't subjected to movement during the day). This way whenever you sync both devices the system will be able to differentiate which one was worn.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I use a Versa and a Flex 2 and I agree, I lose steps sometimes.  Usually it's not many.  But on Wednesday, I lost 4,000 steps.  I hadn't synced my Versa (All Day Sync was already off) since around 5pm and when I woke up the next morning (Thursday), I thought my steps in the challenges were low.  

So when I checked the Fitbit app, sure enough, my steps from walking my dogs and hitting my step goal never showed up, despite syncing when I woke up.  I can see the extra 4K steps on my Versa by look at the Today section, but the steps just won't sync to the app.  I tried restarting both my Versa and the Fitbit app without luck.

I definitely feel like the Flex 2 has something to do with it.  My Flex 2 has All Day Sync on, but my Versa does not.  Perhaps I need to switch All Day Sync off on both devices.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I own a Flex 2, Versa and just got my new Charge 3.  I have been losing steps and losing or not showing active minutes at all ever since putting the Charge 3 on my account.  I am at school with my Flex 2.  It showed two white lights meaning that I had over 3,000 steps.  Immediately after synching with my Macbook Pro (using the dongle), I lost all my steps down to just 209.  I also lost the 250 steps per hour indicators as well.  My two other trackers are at home, so they aren't being read. I do have the fitbit app on my phone.  I have not had issues like this at all before, so it is very frustrating to be constantly losing steps, not registering active minutes.  The exercise time is showing up on the fitbit dashboard, but doesn't seem to register as active minutes.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have a Fitbit Flex 2. When i opened the fitbit app today to see the steps reached and activity fir the day, the sync finction reset all my steps to 0 for the day. I know  I had well over 10,000 as I went on a hije today. This is so dossappointing!!! Is there a way I can try to manually add an estimate of my daily steps? 

Also, why did this happen? How canbit be prevented?

Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try restarting yiur flex 2 several times and hopefully it wont happen again

To give yourself a realistic step count for today you can manually add a walk in the app. You might have to play around with the distance to give yourself aroundbthe correct step figure.

Manual Logging
Next time you want to manually log an activity, on your phone go to the fitbit app and tap the exercise tile (the running man). On the screen that comes up tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner. On the next page start to type in the activity. A drop down list should come up. Select the Activity off the list, fill in the details and hit Log it and you are done!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

One thing that I have to do is force a sync multiple times and leave one of my devices in another room.  After doing this, I usually get back all the steps.  It's not perfect and I don't really know why the Flex 2 seems to lose steps randomly, but forcing the sync a few times helps.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I've been losing steps I've made a habit of syncing the one i went to bed with first, so as to preserve the sleep data with the other tracker in another room. But i am willing to try this approach as i really am getting tired of separating the trackers just to be able to sync properly without losing steps. Thank you for suggesting this AlvaroFitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi FinanceBabe. This issue with lost steps definitely has something to do with the Flex 2. I have always  had multiple trackers(One, Charge, Charge 2) and this is the first time i have experienced this issue. The current workaround that works for me is to separate the trackers(at least 30 steps) as was suggested to me by support. I am calling this a work around as i am still losing steps syncing this way. but at least i lose only in the hundreds and not in the thousands as when the trackers are synced close together. i have gotten used to manually logging steps now as i sometimes forget to sync the trackers far apart and have lost a whole days steps due to this flaw.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ... I also have the same problem... missing steps and active minutes after I did a synchronize. I did the reset with pressing the button 3 times and reactivating my device but still same 

Best Answer
0 Votes