Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Flex 2 is losing steps after I sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

For the past couple of days my Flex 2 has removed steps.  I reach 10,000 steps, get the buzz and little celebration etc and next time I sync I am down sometimes up to 3,000 steps.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Hey everyone! I hope you are doin' great!

If you seem to be losing steps after you sync your Flex 2, in order to avoid this from happening again, I'd like you to try the following: 

- If you have more than one Fitbit device, don't try to sync both at the same time. Please put one of them maybe in a different room or as far as you can. 

- Restart your Flex 2 

- Reboot the Bluetooth on your phone 

- Reboot your phone 

- Sync your Fitbit devices 

Let me know if that helps! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi there

I’ve done all of the above before and again
Have just spoken to the store I bought it from for a replacement as even the battery is not lasting

Ciao ciao
Mayz
>{",}<

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
WOO HOO what a ride!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MayzSa, thanks for the update! 

I appreciate you have taken the time to try the troubleshooting that I posted above. Since the issue persisted, sounds good that you have return it and get a new one. 🙂 If you have questions or comments in regards of the usage of your replacement, keep me posted! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

I am also a bit wary of the battery life on my Flex 2. How long would you say your Flex is lasting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 days only with missing steps and when
It does show steps even if I’ve done 10000 sometimes it shows 0 active minutes 🙄🙄

Ciao ciao
Mayz
>{",}<
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @pieatot, I hope you are doin' fine! The battery of your Flex 2 can last up to 5 days with normal use. However, if you see that it is not lasting as expected, I'd like you to take a look at the tips in this help article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? 

Thanks for the input @MayzSa!

Let me know if you have further questions guys! 

Best Answer

My Flex 2 seems to last at least 4 days but i don't actually use it everyday. And as a Flex 2 user i have gotten used to the occasional lost steps/0 active minutes issue. I ran for about 20 minutes yesterday and when i recorded it the details were : 22 mins and 174 calories with my overall step count around 12k. When i synced it again today the details have now become 22 mins with 24 calories and overall step count of 4k. I'm really getting tired of having to separate my trackers when i sync. It shouldn't be like this. I would exchange it for a new flex 2 but i think this issue is the same for all flex 2 trackers once you mix it with other fitbit models.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips Heydy. I will try those tips and see if it there is improvement. unfortunately battery life is not the biggest issue with the Flex 2 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @pieatot! I hope you are doin' fine! 

Let's go ahead and try the tips that have been suggested along this thread and let me know how it goes. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

Lost a whole treadmill run. Picked it up one day, and disappeared the next day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey aisha_kat,

I used to go through the same thing with my Flex 2.  I took many suggestions but it still kept happening.  Once I upgraded to the Versa the same thing was happening until I found it easier to initiate the workouts straight from the device instead of using my phone or just trusting that it would automatically pick up my movements and register a workout for me.  Since I've upgraded and started the workouts from the device, I've had no more issues.  It now works great.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve found a somewhat less tiring solution to the syncing issue with the flex. It was suggested by a user before in the support forums that the reason for the “confusion” between the trackers mainly happens when two trackers are used simultaneously. I used to switch between my flex 2 and charge 3 often depending on whether I needed something waterproof or not or something less space consuming on my wrist. The app somehow cannot detect the exact count when I do this constant switching. So I tried(as per the suggestion) to just use one tracker only while leaving the other tracker unused. When I did this I realized that there are no lost steps, and that I didn’t need to separate the trackers far apart from each other. And the app easily detected what tracker was used. Its not the perfect solution but I haven’t had any frustrating episodes of having a whole days “work” erased. Per my calculation the shortest time between use should at least be 3 hours. I’m not saying this will work for everyone but it works for me.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I only have only one Fitbit Flex 2 And all day have been syncing and it rolls back to 4800 steps. I deleted the app from the phone I reset the flex and it is still doing that. Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry. I have never experienced that problem with my flex 2. IS the fitbit app on both your phone and laptop?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is but i rarely use the laptop version. It has been months.

Paul Patitucci
215 778-0837

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue I’m having is that after I sync, it puts the days steps on the previous day and starts me back at zero. Like I got 10,000 yesterday (Thursday), but when I synced it got loaded up for Wednesday and Thursday restarted...leaving me with a 300 step day as it was already night. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall the one in your laptop and try using your phone exclusively. This seems to confuse the Flex 2 also.

Make sure the fitbit app on your phone is updated(latest firmware).

Reset the phone and the tracker again.

That's all i can think of. Hope other more experienced users chime in here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many trackers are you using? Just the flex 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just the flex 2. No others. It did it a bunch of times yesterday. I would sync and it would subtract steps.

Paul Patitucci
215 778-0837

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I dont have the laptop app, so I dont know why it is confused.
I will try restarting again. Thank you so much for your response

--
*Marléna Haflich*
*Class of 2021*
Best Answer
0 Votes