Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Flex 2 just started not showing exercise (walking) distance or the map properly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Flex 2 just started not showing exercise (walking) distance or the map properly. Yesterday I walked what's usually about a 2.2 mile walk and it showed 0.31 miles. The map showed the start of the walk, going a straight line through the home across the street, straight to a place that would normally be about 1.6 miles into the walk. It then went a little further and stopped after a very short distance. Today's walk was a bit more complicated, but is nonsense - there are homes all along the route.

It does seem to be counting steps ok.

Today it looks like I walked straight through the park and several homes.  The top map is as it should be, and all three should be close to the same - it was the same walk all 3 days. The middle one was yesterday and the bottom one was today. The screen shots should be worth 1000 words...

My phone is a Moto G7, about 4 months new. The Flex 2 says it's at 50% battery after the walk (now), and was more yesterday. 3 walks.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@sag621 It's nice to have you on board! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Fitbit app not showing your GPS data correctly. Since the Flex 2 doesn't have a GPS chip this issue is related to the app itself. I suggest you log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Also make sure that the app is up to date.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  I did what you said, but it made no difference.

I just got this phone (moto g7 / Android 9) in January, and still have the old (Moto G5+ / Android 8). I used the old one on yesterday's walk and It worked as it should, tracking while in my pocket. (The App hasn't updated and is running version 3.15. The newer phone, with the problem, is using version 3.19.2.)

I found that  if I hold the phone and keep it on it shows the map and distance correctly - but if I'm not paying attention and it shuts off it doesn't track. When I look at the map after a walk, you can see where it went off. Today I started out and just kept it in a pocket, and after ~1/2 mile remembered, brought it out & saw it wasn't tracking. After that I kept it out & on and it tracked correctly (as long as I kept it on).

It seems obvious that the GPS isn't working when the phone is off. This started on April 17. April 16 and before that was good. I bet the problem came with an update, and I think there were at least two in quick succession.

In Fitbit Settings > Advanced Settings, Automatic location is On, and

Battery optimization is set to Not optimized (which no longer restricts background battery).

How to I reply to your reply without it looking like an answer to my question (with a Choose the Best Answer button)?

Best Answer
0 Votes