Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the silent alarm not vibrate if I'm already awake and moving?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought I read some place on the Fitbit website that the silent alarm was intelligent enough to not vibrate or go off if it "sensed" that I was already awake and moving.

Is that correct?

If it is, then my new Fitbit Flex running firmware version 81, is not doing that. This morning, like most others, I awoke at 5:30 AM, having set the silent alarm for 5:45 AM. I moved around the house quite a bit, running chores. But at 5:45 AM, the Flex on my wrist began vibrating, right on schedule.

Seems pretty dumb, if it cannot sense that I am awake and moving, and shut itself off. And seems like a hole in the product's features if this feature is not supported.

Does anyone have any experience or insights with this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the forums @kunalashar

You can read more about silent alarms here - click

I wear a Flex and a Blaze. It does know if you're up and awake for tracking your sleep, but not for silent alarms.

Many people use silent alarms as a way to remind them to get up and move, take medicine, meet a friend, etc. There is no way a Fitbit knows the difference between an alarm for waking up or for another reason.

Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello and welcome to the forums @kunalashar

You can read more about silent alarms here - click

I wear a Flex and a Blaze. It does know if you're up and awake for tracking your sleep, but not for silent alarms.

Many people use silent alarms as a way to remind them to get up and move, take medicine, meet a friend, etc. There is no way a Fitbit knows the difference between an alarm for waking up or for another reason.

Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Makes sense, thank you. In fact, I hadnt considered using it to regularly remind me to get off my computer and walk around.

Best Answer

They are talking about a Smart Alarm that would wake me after the requested hours of sleep. That one should know what it is for and be canceled if I am up and about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it is silly to have a feature to separate wake up alarm (do not ring when wearer is already awake), and normal alarm (ring whenever). 

A competitor's band does a very similar thing. It will only vibrate once when you are already awake but vibrate 3 times if you are asleep. 

I think that I will have to switch that brand of wrist band

Best Answer
0 Votes