Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stationary bike tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Flex 2 track steps on a stationary bike? I have painful plantar facitis and have been using a stationary bike instead of a treadmill to relieve stress on my foot. The zip only picks up steps if I attach it to my shoe. Since the Flex 2 is an activity tracker will  I be able to wear the wrist band and have the activity counted?

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

The only one I’ve found is the Apple Watch ( that keeps track of a stationary bike)

So I’ll just record the steps it shows. Thank you for your reply 
God bless and stay safe 
Carla Jo
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a recumbent bike and I put the tracker around my ankle.  It logs as “Elliptical” so I’m not sure how accurate it is.  I end up deleting those auto entries and manually entering my total miles under “Bike” as it is what I prefer to track daily (and I am on and off the bike throughout the day).  It’s annoying and confusing though.  To me, a bike motion is different than the elliptical so idk what to say.  Thank goodness all I care about is my total steps and being able to track how many miles I ride (but I use the bike stats for that anyway) and then I just enter it as exercise on the FitBit app.

Best Answer
Thank you, I’m doing just that. Fitbit on my ankle. No it’s not showing the Correct miles as my stationary bike for example I go 25 miles on my stationary bike in an hour on my Fitbit it says I get 3 miles but I know what I did and I’m comfortable with that. Thank you for your information have a blessed day a 
Fitbit friendCarla 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This wore out my fit bit charge 2 pretty fast but seems to work when biking with my fit bit charge 3.

I strap it to my ankle with a hair tie and bike at home.The charge 3's wristband is more flexible.

So far so good but I'll let you know.

Best Answer

Thank you enjoy our RIDES :bicycle: 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your welcome :bicycle::bicycle:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your bike will give you the accurate miles but at least this way your steps/activity will be counted better. :))

They also have great ankle bands on Amazon, fyi

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will clean them out. I’m doing great with my S/M Anna have several colors. BUT I still want to look they may have a color I don’t have😊

:heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:Thank you

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria, I tried to enter stationary biking manually in the app (I use Android) but there was no field to "add custom exercise." Is there a different way to add it in the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

👋🏻 hey. Has anyone found a recumbent bike that connects to Fitbit? I am looking to buy one. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my Fitbit device on the pedal to track.

Best Answer
0 Votes