Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps Recording on Flex while riding motorcycle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My flex showed 10,000 plus steps yesterday. Actual steps were more like 3,000. However I did spend about 4 hours riding my motorcycle. Does the vibration activate the step monitor? Wierd because most days my steps are between 3-5k.

Any others with this problem?

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Hi again FITBIT 

pleaee stop posting that this problem is solved 

it's not ! 

What are the Fitbit developers doing to fix this glitch ! 

Howcome other devices such as the I watch or iPhone has no issues on motorcycle- 

this is is a latent defect and devicesmust be recalled or software upgrade to resolve ! 

This is is a nuisance! 

Best Answer

It also adds steps when using equipment (lawn mower, snow blower, etc.) Need to find a way to adjust for more accuracy

Best Answer

I wish i had known this before i bought this worthless pile of ****.  Yup everytime I ride, like today, it added 5000 steps and 102 flights of stairs,  i mean really WTF!  And taking it off doesn't help.  

You would think that these dumbass engineers would have created an on/off switch.  Dumbasses

Best Answer

What nonsense.

First, there is no "Log" or "Log Activity" on the Dashboard.  They are trying to say click the Log tab, which is at the same level as the Dashboard.

Second, don't create a custom "Motorcycle" activity, you'll confuse FitBit.com badly.   When you go all the way to the bottom of the screen of the Log / Activities tabs, (why did they put this at the bottom?) the search box under "Common Activities" will show Motorcycle twice.  

When you search for "Motor", and you pick the correct "Motorcycle" entry (yes, you can't tell system ones from what you entered, another bug) then you'll get a dialog to enter time that does NOT have a Distance or a required Calories field.  If you got that, THEN when you fill it in, it will "erase" the steps.

WHY isn't there a "Inactive" common activity?

WHY is the entry in the IOS app so buried in "Weekly Exercise" / StopWatch Icon / Log Tab ?

WHY did this fail in Chrome 61 and work in IE 11?

WHY can't we just tap our Alta HD to let it know we're "not active"?

WHY do we have to enter time on a motorcycle as an inactive activity every day, both to ride to and from work?

WHY doesn't FitBit realize what they are selling is the environment, and the IOT devices just collect data?

Best Answer

Another rider chiming in on how frustrating this behavior is.

FitBit Devs...when is the fix coming?

Best Answer

Same problem here, and it is not even a V-engine bike!

Best Answer

I used to use DriveBit (an Android app) that you could add a widget to your home screen and press it when you started your motorcycle ride and then again when you finished and it would make a Motorcycle exercise activity in your Fitbit which would cancel out the fake steps, stairs, etc from your ride. But, it ended up being too much of a hassle, with all the other motorcycle things I had to get ready each ride.

Best Answer

That works... 

It removed the steps it thought I had made while riding.

Bit of a pain in the **** to be doing that every time I ride to work though. Didn't have that problem with the garmin I used to have

Best Answer

When I click on the link, it shows me access denied. Why is it showing so ?

Best Answer

The link for your post isn’t working for me, says I don’t have access. 

Best Answer

I went on a ride for 50 miles and had 300 floors and 17000 steps allocated.

The adding of a custom activity was immaterial - nothing changed other than the log showing that I did 17000 steps while riding.

Your post is inaccessible.

This solution does not work.

I used to see a similar problem using a train to commute to work when it would allocate me 5000 steps for being sat on a train.

Sadly although I love the heart monitor and sleep tracker the reason for purchase was the step tracker - and my fitbit will now be retired in favour of my old watch which never lied.

Best Answer
These fit bit guys need a wake up in the real world

Lesley Sebastian Naidoo
Denticare Dental Surgery
www.denticaresa.co.za
lesley@denticaresa.co.za
Best Answer

Same issue, I don’t see this as having any resolution so far and the link the solved takes you to doesn’t work.

Best Answer

I just received notifications on this post. I have used an Apple Watch for about a year and a half now this issue is not seen, so a solution does exist FitBit...

Best Answer

please provide access to the url to see the solution 

Best Answer

I also have had this problem for a few years.. reported it when I bought my first FitBit.  Was told to wear it on my other arm.. sigh.  Didn't help.

My solution is to just not wear my FitBit when riding.. which is 3-4 days a week.  Not a strong selling point.

I also would like to see the solution, but don't have access.

Best Answer

Same thing happend to me.... still not solved yet...

Best Answer

6/25/2019 

Update....I've stopped wearing it altogether. Fitbit NEVER provided a real solution. My fitbit didn't just track steps while I was riding my motorcycle, it also added steps incorrectly when I rode my lawnmower and pushed my snowblower (I got 10,000 steps using it clearing a minor snowfall). 

I now have a Fossil Smartwatch which has a built in fitness tracker that has more exercise options to track and can even be customized. I wear it everywhere. It is much more accurate and, paried with my phone, receives texts and shows me who's calling me before I look at my phone. It's a big leap forward. 

Best Answer

FitBit's policy is clearly to never accept any customer suggestions or feedback, never solve any problem even when it's as simple as being asked to rub your nose.  WHEN was the last time you got "updates" for your products that added anything?  

FITBIT:  Open Source your software before you go bankrupt.  At least THEN you'll have developer who care and you can just accept pull requests, test, and help yourself and your customers.  

OR -- you can stick with your head in the sand and never-designed solutions and watch FITB go to $0

Best Answer

I can't access that link. Can you post the solution on here

Best Answer