Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps Recording on Flex while riding motorcycle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My flex showed 10,000 plus steps yesterday. Actual steps were more like 3,000. However I did spend about 4 hours riding my motorcycle. Does the vibration activate the step monitor? Wierd because most days my steps are between 3-5k.

Any others with this problem?

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

This did not solve the issue as many people have pointed out.

Adding an activity did not remove steps or flights.

Remove that it is solved because it is not. This is an open item not a closed one.

Please remove the "solved" and respond.

@HelenaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the forums @osito! I wrote a post with some biking tips, not too long ago to help some fellow bikers who were encountering a problem when riding their Harley Davidson 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1625754249758.png

Hope this helps! Happy riding! 

JuanJoFitbit_1-1625754250400.png

Remove automation.

It did not solve the problem

@crage13 wrote:

This did not solve the issue as many people have pointed out.

Adding an activity did not remove steps or flights.

Remove that it is solved because it is not. This is an open item not a closed one.

Please remove the "solved" and respond.

@HelenaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the forums @osito! I wrote a post with some biking tips, not too long ago to help some fellow bikers who were encountering a problem when riding their Harley Davidson Cat Happy

Hope this helps! Happy riding! Cat Wink

Moderator edit: merged reply
Best Answer

You supply a link that gives an error saying access denied.

Best Answer

When i click the link I get a red page that says I don't have permission.....

Best Answer

It's FitBit's practice to post fake "solved" on issues.  

A proper community forum would only allow the poster to mark something as an accepted solution, but instead Fitbit has fake users who don't use the products or grasp the questions to step in and close issues.

There is nothing you can do.

Best Answer

I love my Fitbit and have been using one for many years.  However I just started riding a motor scooter to work and I am not happy that it is adding numerous flights of stairs that I never climbed on my rides to and from work.  I am guessing that there is still no suitable solution, the link to the solution listed here does not work.

Best Answer

There is no solution, and Fitbit couldn't care less.  If you ride a motorcycle, they expect you to take it off (your heart stops from their point of view) and put it back on later.  

Fitbit products aren't designed to be used.

So sorry.

Best Answer
There is
In the app main screen, select the 2nd tile for exercise then top left tap
the stop watch to log a new activity. Then select driving (nothing else
works). Put in start time and duration. I select precise and move the
slider to low activity for fewer calories spent. then hit Log It.
When thatch done sync the app with your Fit Bit. it removes all steps and
I believe stairs for that time period.

Less than perfect, and way more hassle than it needs to be, but it works.
So better than nothing I guess.

Manuel Schmerber
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your solution does not display for anyone.  Please fix it!

For other users here is a real solution.....

In the app main screen, select the 2nd tile for exercise then top left tap the stop watch to log a new activity.  Then select driving (nothing else works).  Put in start time and duration.  I select precise and move the slider to low activity for fewer calories spent.  then hit Log It.
When thatch done sync the app with your Fit Bit.  it removes all steps and I believe stairs for that time period.

Less than perfect, and way more hassle than it needs to be, but it works.  So better than nothing I guess.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don't you fix this link?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this

In the app main screen, select the 2nd tile for exercise then top left tap the stop watch to log a new activity.  Then select driving (nothing else works).  Put in start time and duration.  I select precise and move the slider to low activity for fewer calories spent.  then hit Log It.
When thatch done sync the app with your Fit Bit.  it removes all steps and I believe stairs for that time period.

Less than perfect, and way more hassle than it needs to be, but it works.  So better than nothing I guess.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That does not work. The activity has to be driving

This does.......

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have as an activity.  I only have Run, Walk and Hike.  How do I add Drive?

Thanks!

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey TrackWolf,

1) Launch Fitbit app

2) Look for Exercise tab (under the main screen somewhere, you may have moved it around), tap it

3) There should be a Stopwatch with a + in either the top right or left, tap it

4) There are two tabs "Tracking" and "Log Previous", tap Log Previous

5) Search Driving or Motorcycle or coitus or cunnilingus or whatever you think your doing. Someone or Fitbit made a activity that will log and remove the appropriate steps and floors from your day.  You need to just give it the approx start time and the length of time you did that.  

Best Answer

i ride a motorbike for work. there apears to be no fix for this. ill be deleating my acount and not using it anymore.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Your link says I don't have permission to see the page. Can you share again plz?

Best Answer
0 Votes

SmartSelect_20200518-141728_Fitbit.jpg

20200518_142220.jpg

20200518_142251.jpg

  

20200518_142319.jpg

Best Answer

I don't want to take my Fitbit off.  It is my watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No one from fitbit is listening.  They marked the issue resolved long ago when it wasn't.  I use my phone as my watch while riding my motorcycle, which is multiple times a week.  Annoying to have to take my watch on and off constantly for this reason, but I have for years now.

Best Answer
It seems it be easy to have a "in/on Vehicle" mode
Best Answer

Your link gives the message: "Access Denied."

Best Answer