Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not counting in Costco and my garage - cement floor?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had noticed before my step count was very low in Costco (even if I didn't use a cart) even compared to other shopping locations.  Then this weekend we had a garage sale and I was doing small laps in the garage waiting for people to show up in the rain and I noticed it wasn't counting.  The only common denominator is the type of floor, concrete.  Is my suspicition correct? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Good to see you around @darwinb. I don't think the type of material of the floor is affecting your steps count. However factors such as tracker placement, dominant or non-dominant wrist, and stride length can all affect the number of steps recorded.  Note by changing from dominant to non-dominant will make your tracker more sensitive to movement.

If is not working please try with a restart. I bet you know the steps but just in case you need them here is what you need to do:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable. 
2. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger. 
3. Press the pinhole for 3-4 seconds. Flex will restart. 
4. If you see lights on your Flex, let it charge for a few hours. 

Keep me updated how it goes, I'll be here.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been saying this since I got my fitbit over 2 years ago. It does not register steps in Costco. I have had a flex tracker  and got a new flex 2 this past Christmas. Today I finally got the new flex 2 set up and plan on using the two alternately. Well I wore both at different times today but specifically the flex 2 on my trip to costco just after the set up. I was disappointed to see minimal steps tracked after returning home. Costco is huge and I was all over it! There has to be some kind of better explanation than the one darwinb received from the moderator. 

Best Answer

I’m wondering if there’s some kind of electromagnetic reason regarding Costco. I’ve noticed over and over again that most of my Costco steps don’t count. 

Best Answer