Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps of Leaderbord

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the amount of steps listed in the community/friends list? Is it a weekly average?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That total includes the steps taken so far today plus the steps for the previous 6 days. Once you have at least a week of data the count will always go down at midnight as it rolls out the oldest day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

That total includes the steps taken so far today plus the steps for the previous 6 days. Once you have at least a week of data the count will always go down at midnight as it rolls out the oldest day.

Best Answer
Thank you, that makes sense to me now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Well that is confusing. 

Best Answer

It's a 7 day rolling total reset at Midnight.

Best Answer

Awesome help @SteveH, and @Terry-Saint! Welcome to the Forums @Ezay671, and @Bustopher! As described by @SteveH and @Terry-Saint your Leaderboard is the total of today's steps and the 6 past days. This tool is to help you to cheer on, gently taunt, or send each other messages of encouragement as well.

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

This is could be really designed better. First, the app should clearly explain the meaning of these numbers. Second, it would make much more sense to compete on average daily steps over some past period as a) daily steps is the primary target for most of the FitBit users so the numbers would be easily perceived at the first glance and b) it would render the 7 days period an implementation detail.

Best Answer

It would make way more sense just to just have a challenge that resets daily for you and your friends. Or even a weekly reset down to zero. Rolling makes no sense

Best Answer

I agree! The way have this laid out makes very little sense at all, not to mention its like having a bar graph with zero labels, or a legend with no keys. Why? Just why???

Best Answer

Not only that, but how much of the steps are taken away. This is discouraging .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont think that it makes any sense.  Why not take all the steps away at midnight and not just the last day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing I said, and I noticed that more is taken away from some than others.  If that's the case just put up a single day. Doesn't make sense at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesnt make sense to me when you in competition and reach 100,000 and look again its 82, 000. I dont like the fact that I work hard to get these steps to have almost more than half taken away. It's very discouraging to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes