Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting daughters Flex to my family account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The only option is Ace and Ace 2 when trying to set daughters Flex up from her phone through my family account. Help on how to change or find other options? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TonyaBTrip  due to laws across the world, children are prohibited from having an online account and using these devices. The Ace series was made especially to allow children six and up to use these services. Fitbit is abiding by those laws, so your daughter can't use the Flex unless you lie about her age. Lying about her age would create a problem since the algorithms are made based on gender, age, height and weight. So that would give completely wrong data for your child. There are no other options.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @TonyaBTrip  due to laws across the world, children are prohibited from having an online account and using these devices. The Ace series was made especially to allow children six and up to use these services. Fitbit is abiding by those laws, so your daughter can't use the Flex unless you lie about her age. Lying about her age would create a problem since the algorithms are made based on gender, age, height and weight. So that would give completely wrong data for your child. There are no other options.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Gotcha. Thanks so much for the information. I thought setting up the family account and keeping her info private was secure enough and I had an extra Flex tracker for her to use but your information explains it perfect. Thanks so much for your help! 

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes