Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are now the alternatives as no longer can purchase a Flex?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi - As I find wearing watches & jewellry on my wrists really uncomfortable, I couldn't believe how well I took to wearing the Flex 2 when received it as a gift some years ago. Though the main reason it was purchased for me was because of it's exceptional tolerance to water so could be worn when swimming. 
I've finally come to accept that my Flex 2 is defunct, but I can't find any alternatives on the Fitbits store, and they don't provide a help-desk or a customer service. 
I'm appealing to all of you other Flex/Flex 2 users who may have also had to recently replace their fitbit and ask what did you get instead? My husband had got me a Charge 5 at Christmas but I politely refused and he's thrilled to wear it. I had got him the cheaper Inspire for Christmas but it felt like one of those House Arrest monitors on my arm -__-. I've bones on my wrists that any sort of typical watch-style band feels horribly uncomfortable, the slim wee flex 2 buckle-free strap was a joy. I miss it so much 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Deeviant  never was one to wear a watch, but the new Luxe is slender with the softest band of any Fitbit I've worn. You might want to check out Etsy, where some very crafty makers have created stretchable bands that might work for you. If you don't mind a clip, the Inspire 2 can clip on the side of a pocket, a waistband or inside a bra. You can get with support at this link, with phone or chat being the best way to contact them.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Never mind.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Deeviant  never was one to wear a watch, but the new Luxe is slender with the softest band of any Fitbit I've worn. You might want to check out Etsy, where some very crafty makers have created stretchable bands that might work for you. If you don't mind a clip, the Inspire 2 can clip on the side of a pocket, a waistband or inside a bra. You can get with support at this link, with phone or chat being the best way to contact them.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Best Answer

Thank you Odyssey13 for your helpful and kind understanding reply. I'll check out the Luxe. I'll also check out the clip-on - I don't recall seeing anything like that on their store page.  I appreciate your help. Best wishes

Best Answer

@Deeviant  the Inspire 2 clip is listed at the bottom of the product sales page as an accessory. Only the Inspire 2 can use a clip. f you have a local retailer that sells Fitbit devices, see if they have any on display so you can actually touch them before deciding.

Best Answer

I’m with you on not wanting anything bulky. Just bought Flex 2s on ebay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I searched the internet and purchased a pre-owned flex 2, and I haven’t had any problems with it. It’s unfortunate the Fitbit doesn’t create an upgraded version for those who don’t want to wear another watch. I’m constantly asked where I got my Flex 2 bangle from. It goes with everything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Versa but still use my Flex 2 for the beach & swimming. Versa is waterproof but I find it too constricting on a hot beach/pool day & don’t want to expose it to salt water. 

Why did your flex stop working? Did you try cleaning both the Fitbit sensor & charger’s charging pins w/soft brush & rubbing alcohol? I find that my flex 2 gets far dirtier than my Versa because of the environment I’m exposing it to (eg, sunscreen, sweat, salt water, sand, lotions, etc) so I make a point of cleaning it regularly. Maybe there’s still hope for your flex? 🤞

Best Answer