Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Fitbit one day out?!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit is one day out. Just synced it for today and it's showing no steps yet it buzzed 10,000 earlier. When I looked at yesterday when I didn't even wear it the steps are in there! Any clues please
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@Brooksey,

The long explanation is that your Fitbit works like a wall clock.  It keeps time until it runs out of power and when charged it picks up right where it left off...  So if that was 2 days ago, your steps where credited on that day (plus whatever time had elapsed since you charged).

The best way to avoid this is to simply charge it before the battery runs out.  If you do expire the battery, sync it before you start to use it.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hi there @Brooksey, it always nice to see new faces around our Community. I noticed you were in great hands, assisted by @PureEvil and @SunsetRunner. Now its been a couple of days since this issue happened and I wonder how it goes? Is your tracker working fine or the issue still persist? I just want to give follow up with you to make sure everything is fine.

If you have further questions keep us posted and stay awesome friends.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Brooksey

Is the timezone setting correct in the fitbit app settings (phone)? Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brooksey,

Welcome to the community!

By any chance did you recently allow the battery to run down entirely, charged it, and then clipped it on before syncing it?

If so, then I can explain what occured.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi yes it is 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi yes it does the other day I charged and just let it run. Ah could that be it? Thank you how can I resolve it or will it just run normally now I synced it today after my run?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brooksey,

The long explanation is that your Fitbit works like a wall clock.  It keeps time until it runs out of power and when charged it picks up right where it left off...  So if that was 2 days ago, your steps where credited on that day (plus whatever time had elapsed since you charged).

The best way to avoid this is to simply charge it before the battery runs out.  If you do expire the battery, sync it before you start to use it.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
That's great thanks so much for your help. Can you improve my running time as well lol 😊 Cheers!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Brooksey, it always nice to see new faces around our Community. I noticed you were in great hands, assisted by @PureEvil and @SunsetRunner. Now its been a couple of days since this issue happened and I wonder how it goes? Is your tracker working fine or the issue still persist? I just want to give follow up with you to make sure everything is fine.

If you have further questions keep us posted and stay awesome friends.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Hi there it's ok now thank you it needed syncing after a restart.
Best Answer

Splendiferous @Brooksey

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find wonderful Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipies and much more.

Have Fun #everyone @RobertoME @PureEvil

kitty

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue - it is July 15 but my fitbit is showing July 16??  How do I resolve or synch?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @stevenamcqueen! I would like you to make sure that your tracker is properly syncing to your Dashboard and that the timezone is correct

Also, reply to the following questions: 

- Where are you seeing this information?

- Do you use the application or online Dashboard?

- When was the last time your tracker synced? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys experiencing a similar problem. Have reset my inspire and synced and I am still a day behind?

Any ideas? Time zones are same

Best Answer
0 Votes