Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrist breaking out from band?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've had my Fitbit for 6 mo this and it wasn't until a month ago my right wrist started having these little bumps almost like a rash. I started putting it on my left wrist and slowly I'm getting those bumps. They don't itch or hurt really. I've seen tons of articles about this and people always say "return it" ... Anyone else having this issue and what can I clean it with?
Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi @MrsNycum

Feel free to check out the product care page:

http://www.fitbit.com/productcare

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my fitbit 4 months and my wrist did the samething.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shelias Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Did you checked the Product Wear and Care Guide? You will find ways to prevent this from happening. Did you did something else?

Keep us posted! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm have little bumps on my wrist where I wear my fitbit I have cleaned it and I still have them

Best Answer

@lizmarler Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That's unfortunate! I recommend checking the Wear and Care Guide to get some tips to keep your skin healthy. If the bumps remain, please stop using the device and contact customer support to get further assistance on this matter.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
I have cleaned the band and have moved it to my other wrist and know it breaking that wrist out. I LOVE MY FITBIT and I don't want any other kind is there and other kind of bands to use ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lizmarler I hope you're doing well! Yes, there are other bands made out of different materials. The problem is that these bands are available for the Flex 2, which is one of the newest Fitbit trackers that is replacing the Flex. You can get a bangle or pendant made out of metal. Click here to check it out.

Additionally, you can find leather and metal bands as well for the Fitbit Charge 2, Alta, and Blaze.

Let me know what you think! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a Fitbit since February 2015.  The first band made me break out but as soon as I got new bands online with less nickel in the clasp, it was ok.  I replaced it recently and my wrist is breaking out so badly, I can no longer wear it.  I have washed the band, replaced the clasp and still no luck.  This time I seem to be breaking out from the band, not the clasp.  A two inch rash is going all around my wrist and the itching and swelling is terrible.  I had to throw away the old band as it was splitting.  I have talked to many people with similar problems and they have bought new bands off the internet.  I truly believe Fitbit needs to take a closer look at this problem so that the product they offer can be used without problemsFitbit Flex RashFitbit Flex Rash

Best Answer

@Ginasfit Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your feedback and for sharing the picture. I recommend checking the Wear and Care Guide to keep your skin as healthy as possible.

Also, report the problem to customer support to get further assistance on this matter.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I've been through the wear and care guide from top to bottom. No relief

Gina Alexander

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

Best Answer

@Ginasfit Thanks for your reply and for checking the Wear and Care Guide.

The best thing to do in this case will be to report the problem to customer support to get further solutions to this problem. If the problem persists, stop using the device!

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may have a latex sensitivity. Make sure that the band isn't on too tight. If air can't circulate moisture gets trapped underneath and can irritate your skin. I found some leather watch band style bands online. You could try looking for replacement bands made from other materials. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My left wrist started breaking out but mine itches. I put my fit bit on my right hand now it to has started breaking out.

Best Answer
This happen to me and Fitbit sent me a new band .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the new band fix your problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
For a little bit know it started again .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lizmarler wrote:
For a little bit know it started again .

It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to the band.  Have you tried purchasing 3rd party bands?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Holmessam. I'm sorry that this is happening to you but I've escalated your case to the Support Team for them to help you out. Keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need anything else, I'm always around. 

Welcome to the Forums. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wrist is breaking out too. I clean it and even purchased a brown band thinking it was the black rubber type of band that was causing the irritation. The new band is doing the same thing, it’s itchy and red bumps. I ordered a metal and bead band, I have not received yet. But I sure hope this solves it. It’s costly to purchase more bands! 

Best Answer
0 Votes