Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrist breaking out from band?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've had my Fitbit for 6 mo this and it wasn't until a month ago my right wrist started having these little bumps almost like a rash. I started putting it on my left wrist and slowly I'm getting those bumps. They don't itch or hurt really. I've seen tons of articles about this and people always say "return it" ... Anyone else having this issue and what can I clean it with?
Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I’ve had my Fitbit for 2 weeks and just right now I took it off then started breaking out into a huge rash of hives. I’m terrified to put it back on. The hives appeared quickly after I removed it. I just cleaned it but from reading other post people are having trouble with the bands themselves. Any luck on your band?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Washing does not help me because my skin is particularly sensitive. I have a history of eczema and have cortisone cream that's 2.5%!!!

I'm putting a small piece of moleskin on my band where the break-outs are happening. Hoping this will help ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My left wrist broke out in a red burn like as wide as the band itself . Its what the plastic band is made of. I amordeti g me a new band made of medal. I will report this to customer service. Cheap over seas che.icals in these plastic bands for our Fitbit watches. Fitbit needs to fix this for customers.

Darelene Bourgeois

Mandeville Louisiana

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just started mine off for the first time in 6 yrs, rewashed all my bands & am still getting the same problem.  I've had it with both my original bands & third party bands. Very disappointed this is still a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had several black, standard band fitbits (Charge, 2, 3, I think).  Wore 24/7 for years with no problems.  Purchased a new Charge 4 with "rosewood" color band recently and developed a red, sore rash on the inside of my wrist almost immediately.  Switched to other wrist and same thing happened.  I stopped wearing it until the rashes healed, then tried again.  Same thing immediately.  Is it maybe something to do with the dye?  

Best Answer
0 Votes