Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing ownership of fitbit/deleting current profile

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have given my fitbit to someone.  How do we delete my information and create new profile?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In general the original user should first do a sync to make sure all data (steps, etc) are loaded to your account in the main Fitbit database, but not critical if too late for that.

Then from your phone, go to the Flex page of fitbit app and click the trashcan icon near top right.  Then in phone settings, go to bluetooth settings and make sure it is not still paired to the tracker; unpair it if still paired.

Then the new user just creates a new fitbit account/email and adds the Flex as a new device and will be ready to go with none of your information, except possible any leftover steps you had not synced.  Any personal information is stored in your fitbit account, not on the tracker.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

In general the original user should first do a sync to make sure all data (steps, etc) are loaded to your account in the main Fitbit database, but not critical if too late for that.

Then from your phone, go to the Flex page of fitbit app and click the trashcan icon near top right.  Then in phone settings, go to bluetooth settings and make sure it is not still paired to the tracker; unpair it if still paired.

Then the new user just creates a new fitbit account/email and adds the Flex as a new device and will be ready to go with none of your information, except possible any leftover steps you had not synced.  Any personal information is stored in your fitbit account, not on the tracker.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer