Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i connect my flex2 to new phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought new phone and my Bluetooth just can't find my flex2 😕 anyone knows what to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Have you checked that your new phone is supported by fitbit at www.fitbit.com/devices ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZoFiA the bluetooth is not suppose to find your tracker, please tell me your Flex 2 is still connected to your account?

Normally to change phones you install the Fitbit app, run it and log into your Fitbiit account

The phone is now setup.

If you think back to when you first setup your Flex 2, you did not try and pair it to the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue If you think back to when you first setup your Flex 2, you did not try and pair it to the phone.

It is a bluetooth device, what are you talking about? I just had the same issue which brought me here. Fortunately, I was able to solve my issue by going into bluetooth settings on my old phone and "forgetting" the flex 2. Then it instantly showed up on my new phone as an available tracker.

Best Answer

@amaya.geek, your issue was not in trying to setup the tracker, or trying to manually bond the tracker to thr new phone. The problem you where having is that the Flex 2 was still bonded to your old phone. As soon as tge Flex 2 was un-bonded from the old phone, the Flex 2 was tyen released and therefore could then comunicate with the fitbit app on the new phone.

Bluetooth only allows a device like a tracker or speaker to talk to one host at a time.

By doing a search of  sync in Fitbits help doc, the 3rd hit explains this. Of course just turning the old phone off would have also worked.

What was i talking about?

I was not talking about a use removing a device through the phones bluetooth menu. I was refferring to a user trying to attach a tracker through the phones bluetooth menu, something that you say that you did not have to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!!! Going into the old phone, bluetooth, forget device solved the problem of connecting to the new phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this (forget device in old phone), but my new phone will not discover my fitbit. Did you have to do anything else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dabs63 is your tracker still connected to your Fitbit account, and show up in the app? Is the old phone in, and you logged out of Fitbit as well as removed the tracker from its bluetooth. 

You do not want to remove the tracker from the Fitbit app 

Best Answer
0 Votes