Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lights are non stop flashing back and forth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden these lights are going back and forth non stop.  Ive called fitbit and they  sent me instructions to fix the problem. When you stick a paperlip in the hole on the charger what  is supposed to happen??  Ive done that and proceded to do an update.  So the tracker is back in my wristband, lights still going back and forth, and im wondering does the sync dongle need to be in my laptop??

DO I need to update on my laptop (where the dongle is) ? or can I do it on my phone which has the fitbit app? (not an iphone)

any help would be great

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@suemacfit Welcome to the Fitbit family! I have seen a problem in which Flex tries to update, but it gets stuck. I think you may be experiencing this. In order to fix that, check the instructions on this post. That workaround has helped other users in the past and I think it will help you as well.

The update is for your Flex, so no need to update your laptop. Also, the dongle doesn't need to be on the dongle, best thing is that you do this process on a mobile device. 

Please try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
i snt a new mssage and you havent answered that one 
im just replying through my email here, dont know where else to reply
basically my message was that im trying to troubleshoot as nothing is working..my fitbit is only about 4 months old
when i plug in the charger to my laptop and stick a pin in the tracker for 3 second what am i trying to accomplish?? should the lights be off when i remove it and put it bak in my wristband??
ive tried both ways, with the lightss off or blinking up and down (after ive pinned for 4 seconds)
either way within seconds the lights are flashing again
im so frustrated
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing exact same thing

Best Answer
0 Votes

@suemacfit Thanks for your reply! What you accomplish using the paperclip method is a restart on your Flex. This is a needed procedure to fix the problem you are experiencing. However, this is not the only procedure to do in your case. Please do all of the following in the posted order:

1. Restart your Flex (Do that once again).
  2. Remove tracker from Bluetooth settings.
  3. Toggle Bluetooth on and off.
  4. Attempt Firmware update.
  5. If Firmware update is not available as an option:
         a  Unpair device (delete if from your account).
         b. Go through steps 1 - 3 again.
         c. Pair tracker (set it up once again).

@ChrisB1987 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Please try the above workaround to fix the issue you are experiencing.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
What I was wondering is what am I supposed to see on my tracker when I stick the paper clip In? Nothing? Lights? Because sometime the lights are flashing and when I stick it in the lights go offAnd other times, there are no lights on and when I stick it , the lights start flashi g again

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nobody has answered my last email

Best Answer
0 Votes

@suemacfit Thanks for your reply! When you restart your Flex the lights should quickly turn off and then blink again (as it shows when charging). This happens very fast! You can then follow the next steps I posted above to fix this.

Try that out ad let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I have reset flex several times and turned bluetooth on and off...nothing..still scrolling lights and cannot pair. I removed it and am trying to pair it again..still no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes