Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not displaying steps - it switched to calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit switched to diplaying calories instead of steps. I have everything set up to display steps, but it is not showing steps. How can I get it to go back to displaying steps? Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! @scotty2

You can edit what your tracker displays; here. Search for "Daily Goal Progress" and choose the goal you want to display on your Flex. After that is necessary to sync it to save the changes. 

I hope this helps! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

No "Daily Goal Progress" to be found anywhere at that web site.

Best Answer

@morav Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Click here to have access to the device settings to have access to the daily goal progress. I left a screen shot showing how it looks!

dailygoal.PNG

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see this when I am in my dashboard but cannot see it on my app even though in my dashboard I have chosen the step tracker tile...ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

@psesar Welcome to the Fitbit Community! This option is not available on the Fitbit app for iOS devices. On the app you will be able to see your goals separately and change them. 

To select an specific goal for your tracker to notify you once it is reached, you will need to make the change on your device settings on the online dashboard. Once you do that you will need to sync your tracker for it to be effective. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! Can't get it to change back to steps! Ugh 😞

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@bmang20 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Do you see the steps tile at all? If you do, you can hold and drag it to the top for it to show as the main tile.

If you don't see it at all; it may be hidden. Follow these steps to get it back! 

If possible, please send me a screen shot of your dashboard. That way I can see it and find a solution for you.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

With daylight savings in Australia my fitbit flex changed to calories and I want it back on steps. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fourlongs Welcome to the Fitbit family! I recommend checking if the step tile is hidden on your app's dashboard. Check this post to get the instructions on how to do that. 

Also, if you do see the step tile, but it is not the main tile; you can tap hold and drag it to change its position to the main data tile.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this post is old, but im having this problem as well. I clicked on the link you provided and it shows steps as my goal, but on the app it still shows calories as the main goal. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Welcome to the obtuse Fitbit Community! Ha! 🙂

Best Answer

My charge 2 is showing calories on my record,  I want a record of my steps.

Best Answer

I dont own a fitbit device. I use my phone. I carry my phone with me at all times. And now my fitbit account on my ios is not showing my steps, its only counting Screenshot cal’s. “Screenshot” was an error.

I tried what u suggested over there, the link u shared, but it says that i should have a fitbit device. Is there anyway i can like make it count my steps instead of calories??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit charge 3 is only showing calories and not steps.  Please help

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. I’m getting a bit fed up with Fitbit , what’s going on 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going to edit and unselecting everything on the display and then re-select. This happened to me and I was able to reset successfully! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get it fixed? This happened to me and I went to edit and unselected everything on the display and then went back in and reselected and it reset successfully for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I have it sorted now. Still got a pretty dull display , my charge two was much brighter, I’m on the normal setting , very poor

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into Account. Then click your device. Under General, click on Main Goal. Somehow my hubby's was changed to Floors. This is how he put his back to Steps. Hope it works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes