Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of days weekly exercise - don't understand how this is calculated

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone explain to me how the # of days of weekly exercise is calculated?  For example, on Sunday I had 10,042 steps, I had 77 active minutes, the weekly exercise icon indicated 1 of 5 days weekly exercise. Yesterday (Monday) I had 10,958 steps and 58 active minutes but the weekly exercise icon still only indicates 1 of 5 days weekly exercise.  Why hasn't the icon changed to 2 of 5 days weekly exercise?   The week before it seemed to work - showing 2 days of exercise (with 1 day of 11,345 steps and 82 minutes exercise, and another day of 10,941 steps and 49 minutes of exercise).  I think I don't understand something about how weekly exercise is calculated.  I thought it logged as exercise if I made the 10,000 steps and if the minutes of exercise icon turned green.  I'm like a little kid with this - totally discouraged to try to make goals because the system seems rigged against me no matter how hard I try!  thanks for any clarifications!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

The days exercised is the days you have done a recognised activity - like taken a walk, a bike ride, etc.  It also recognises manually logged activity (eg yoga) but it does not look at the steps you did.  Just the days you do an activity as shown in the exercise tile (running man)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a question that relates to this, I may not always hit my 10,000 steps, but I will hit my required daily activity, and it still doesn't show in my dashboard as a weekly exercise day. It appears to be hit and miss on registering as one of my days of weekly exercise. I click on active minutes and it shows the minutes, but I click on the weekly exercise and there is nothing. I can do the same thing day to day and it may or may not register on my weekly exercise.  I realize that my body recognizes it and it shouldn't matter if it shows on the dashboard, but I like to see the days all marked off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with support about this issue and we went through manually adding the recorded but un-logged exercise (didn't work at first - double-added things), re-setting my device, and then manually adding any un-logged exercise.  The next day everything worked fine.  The day after - same problem - exercise recorded but not logged in as exercise.  So I manually added that day's exercise.  Yesterday - everything worked as it should.  So I don't know what the ultimate solution is.  Might be worth chatting with support over the problem. 

Best Answer

I agree the exercise counting is weird.  I saw one of the answers which made it a little clearer about Fitbit looking at the recognized exercise.   One thing you can do is go into your account settings and make sure your exercise is on the list of recognized exercises.  Since COVID 19 I have started really ensuring I exercise every day using my Gazelle which is like an elliptical machine.  And it is on the list.   Not sure it always works but that might also help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this involves 15+ continuous minutes of vigorous activity (jogging, running).  Mine is also hit-and-miss recording my morning 20-minute jogs/runs.  Sometimes it shows 26 minutes, but many times it shows 14 minutes, which negates hitting the goal of 15+ minutes even though I time for a continuous 20-minute run.  Where is the written information about this feature?

Best Answer
0 Votes