Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new fitbot account onto my fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi, can anyone help me please, u have a fitbit flex and a fitbit app. My fitbit is synced to my app. Is there any way I can sync my dad's fitbit to my app. I've gone to the add devices bit but when I tap on add devices and select flex it tells me that there's already an account and do u want to add a new account, which I do. Then at the bottom of the screen it just says about overwriting existing account. Can I not add another flex wristband account to my app???? So confused and pissed off, Surely u can have more than one wristband registered on an app? Am I doing something wrong? Please help me. Thank you 🙂
Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Have your Pop use his own email to setup his own account, or get a free one on hs behalf at gmail or yahoo.com if he is technologically challenged.  Every fitbit account can have different "types" of trackers but cannot track different "users'" trackers.

If you want to share the same monitoring iPad, mobile or desktop, use Safari logged into your account for monitoring yourself, log out of your account to login with his user email and password or install a second browser like  Firefox or Chrome  to monitor a dashboard with his account.

Let me know if this makes sense Angela - good question!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@angela001 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! You cannot have two Fitbit trackers of the same type on a single account. You can have several trackers paired to one account, but they must be of a different type. 

For example, you can have a Flex, a Charge 2, and a Blaze in the same account. You cannot have two Flex in the same account. The best option is to create a single account for your dad as he uses the same type of tracker. 

Also, vote for this suggestion I found on the Feature Suggestions Board which is asking for the ability to have two trackers of the same model in a single account. 

@wmchapman Thank you for your help! Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Hi, thank you very much for your message. He has got it set up on his
laptop but he never seems to use!!! I was hoping I could sync his using my
app on my phone which as a result I ended up overwriting my flex with his.
Honestly, nothings ever straight forward is it!!! At least I know now so
appreciate you telling me!!!! Will start training him on his laptop first
thing tomorrow. Cheers, angela
Best Answer
0 Votes

@angela001 You are very welcome! That sounds good, I'm sure he will learn quickly. Also, you can sync his Fitbit tracker using your app.

Log out from your account and then, log in to his account. You will then see his own dashboard with his tracker and you will be able to sync it. Then, you can log off and log back in to your account to continue syncing yours! 

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Hi, now this sounds promising. Without sounding totally stupid, but, how do
I log out of my app. I've tried looking everywhere on it for that option
but can't find it. Any chance u can point me in the right direction!!! I
really do appreciate your help, thank you also for your patience!!! Cheers,
angela. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely yes! @angela001 I will point you into the right direction.

Open your Fitbit app and tap the menu icon (the three lines on the top left corner); you will see the menu displayed. Look at the last option, you will see "Log out". Tap there to successfully log out from the Fitbit app! I left a screen shot below showing how it looks!

logout.PNG

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh wow, that has made my day. So he just logs in at that point with his
email address and away he goes. Thank you so much for that. I'm seeing him
b4 work tomorrow so will let u know how I get on. Absolutely brilliant,
thank you!!!!!
Best Answer

@angela001 I'm so glad to hear that! Smiley Very Happy You are very welcome!

In the meanwhile, you can check the Discussions Board, as you will find a lot of interesting thread there. Feel free to post on any of them. If you need Fitbit friends, check this friends thread!

Keep me posted and let me know if you need more help! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hiya, sorry to trouble u again, I've logged into dad's fitbit account but
it's like he's not registered anymore. Is that because he hasn't synced for
a long time? Should I re register him do you think?. On the dashboard it
doesn't come up with the picture of his flex and or an option to sync. It
also doesn't show steps or sleep, just calories burned really? I'm thinking
about re doing his as it's the same on the laptop and the app but just need
reassurance that that's the right thing to do as I don't want to bugger it
up more. I've noticed his flex doesn't hold a charge for long is this cos
he doesn't sync it? Sorry to bombard you with all this again. Thank you!!!!
🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@angela001 Hi again! Don't you worry, I'll help you out! Probably, your father will need to set up his Flex again. Please, try the following:

• On the Fitbit app for Android dashboard, tap the Account icon in the top right corner.
  • Tap the + set up a device option.
  • If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  • Choose your tracker and follow the instructions to continue.

You can also try doing this on a computer by following the instructions on this post

Regarding the battery, check these tips to maximize the battery and also these charging best practices, it is always good to know! Also, perform a restart on the Flex to fix any battery issues and problems overall you may be experiencing! 

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi Santi! I did every step you listed. I've also watched a couple of YouTube videos. One thing keeps happening, that I don't see anywhere else, that is preventing me from setting my device up. When I try to pair the Fitbit with my Samsung Galaxy 3 (I make sure Bluetooth is on and then select Alta HR from the list) I get a message that says "Please update your application to continue." I press "OK" and nothing happens. It goes back to the blank "You have no paired devices" screen. Which application is it talking about and how can I update it and get this done?

My phone is running Android 4.1.2. If that is the problem, how can I update that software? And if I can't do that, what would you recommend? I have a Kindle and a laptop. There was no Bluetooth nib included with my purchase (as was shown in the YouTube video) so I can't sync it with my laptop without buying one.

Also, while I have your attention, I might as well ask what is the best way to track? Is this based on proximity? I don't always have my phone with me, and certainly not my laptop, so how is the device updated in real time (as I'm wearing it but while the laptop is miles away) and then the results calculated for a day-end total? This is my first Fitbit. Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Traveling-Girl Welcome to the Fitbit family! Are you still experiencing this issue? Please make sure your device is under the list of supported devices.

To update the Fitbit app, follow these instructions. That should help you to update it with no problem. Then, you should be able to set it up successfully. After setting it up, you will be able to sync using both the app on your phone and your laptop.

Regarding your last inquiry, Fitbit trackers record detailed minute by minute data for seven days. They store daily totals for up to 30 days. It is recommended to sync at least once a day! So, if you don't have your phone or computer near you, don't you worry!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry, posted in wrong spot!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit family!

I would set up a new account and pair your dad's tracker to that account.  Yes, it can be inconvenient for you having two accounts on one app (as you will have to log out of yours and log into his or vice versa every time one of you wants to sync via the app), but if he wants to log in from a computer let's say and sync, he won't need your account login information to do it.  He can do it on his own.  Or if he wants to put his account on his own phone, he won't need your account information to log in.  It's a free account, and many people have multiple accounts created to take part in various challenges, compete with friends, etc. 

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to sync my new Samsung s8 to my Alta hr with no luck.  Have tried all the suggestions , should I delete my account and start again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Patman15 wrote:

I am trying to sync my new Samsung s8 to my Alta hr with no luck.  Have tried all the suggestions , should I delete my account and start again?

Have you tried setting it up as a new device?  It's a pain, I know, but I did that with my Flex 1 when I got a new phone and it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have 2 fitbit charge 2's that we got for christmas. I tried to add the second fitbit to my phone app but  the screen says:

"Whoa there There's a fitbit charge2 connected to your account already. Are you setting up a new one?"

The only clickable link on the screen is to replace my fitbit with hers, not add it as a second device. 

So I don't really know what to do at this point, since my phone is the only device we have that supports fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WF2017 wrote:

We have 2 fitbit charge 2's that we got for christmas. I tried to add the second fitbit to my phone app but  the screen says:

"Whoa there There's a fitbit charge2 connected to your account already. Are you setting up a new one?"

The only clickable link on the screen is to replace my fitbit with hers, not add it as a second device. 

So I don't really know what to do at this point, since my phone is the only device we have that supports fitbit.

You can only have one model Fitbit for each account, hence why you can't add her Charge 2 (since you already have yours connected to your account). You can either replace yours and add hers and keep replacing them each time you sync or you can have her sign up for her own account and connect hers to that one. The only bad thing with the second account is that you would have to log out every time one of you wishes to sync your device. Her account, like yours, would be free

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to set up my fitbit. I go to the fitbit app, into 'account' and tap + set up a device. I choose Alta HR and tap set up your fitbit Alta HR

Agree to T's and C's.

Then it says plug the charging cable into a USB port - but I dont have a USB port on my phone - I'm very confused! What do i have to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes