Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR not calculated correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m having this exact same issue and mine has also quit tracking my BMR. 

I have restarted it at least 5 times. 

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. 

I have repaired the Bluetooth. 

I have double checked settings 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15
I think I may have fixed my issue. Do the re-set again but this time do a series of three. By this I mean press the re-set button three times but repeat that series a total of three times. Hope that makes sense. I did this earlier today and my Alta actually tracked for the first time in over a week.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I just do the reset three times like you suggested. 

Im hipinhbit helps but the app is no longer tracking my BMR. I think the app needs some bug fixes

Best Answer

Hi there @KLBooze

Thanks for providing these details, please make sure to have accurate your personal data (e.g. weight, height, etc.) by any chance have you experienced any trouble with the calories tracking? Just another question, where are you checking the BMR that is incorrect? Please add some screenshots as this will help me to better understand this. 

Thank you for confirming that you've already tried the restart, looking forward to your reply! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

30B01731-AD92-4A94-AB31-52C0A4FF824A.png

47463F79-3497-45F1-89E0-AE32581EDFCF.png

D1B34960-BEDC-48F5-9ADD-8D6C1ACB5090.png

I promise that unless I’m the size of a turtle that I burn more than 193 calories after walking 9000 steps throughout the day. I have messaged someone in the help system and they told me that there is a known problem that IT is aware of. I have had my fitbit since Apr of 2016. It worked up until June 13 2018. I’m positive I know I have a BMR. That’s the calories my body burns if I was to lay in bed all day without moving. Fitbit used to track that and it’s  no longer tracking that. Because I’m a woman I ensured that my husband checked all my information and restarted my fitbit before I reached out for help. I just want it working. Fitbit’s aren’t cheap and if I spent money on it I expect it to work.

Best Answer

Hi there @KLBooze and sorry for my delayed response! 

Thanks for sharing the screenshots and all these details, this was very useful to find more information related to this. I can see other users have also experienced this low calorie tracking with BMR and I have confirmed that this is a bug. The Developers are already aware and are working to find a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks again for providing all this information, stay tune for more updates!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not showing my BMR or active minutes. I’m having to use more apps to track my walks now. Why pay for fitbit if it isn’t going to work. Attached is screen shot

2AACCD0C-227D-4CCD-8BAD-0617226E5C32.jpeg

10EAE91C-A1AF-4AE2-B998-E7DF24BCAB5D.jpeg

081D47B6-E534-470D-9F88-89489D6706E4.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KLBooze! Thanks for reaching us back. 

Our team is aware of the issue and and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. At the moment we don't have any updates on this, but rest assure we'll provide you with an update once we have one. 

Besides this, would there be any other questions that you may have?

Selma | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Set up walk on my Versa - did 6 miles in just under 2 hours. When it synced across it showed my steps and HPM but no active minutes or exercise. When I looked the exercise it had less calories burnt than when I have done under an hour walk and shows no active minutes.

Is there a way of the app now recognising it correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it is not the App that recognizes the walk, unless you manually started the walk recording through the Fitbit app?

Did you manually start the walk recording or let the tracker decide that you where walking?

How long ago did the tracker last sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I started it on my watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I started the walk on my watch the watch was synced as soon as I finished the walk and has been synced numerous times since.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamof3 @Rich_Laue Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I moved your posts to this thread since they are related to the topic. This issue has been forwarded to the team in charge which is trying to get it resolved as soon as possible. We hope to get an update soon.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey lady, just wanted to say, I'm having the same problem and was given the same non-answer by Fitbit 😵

I was told that they're aware of the problem bit given no estimate of when it might be fixed. I also specifically enquired as to how many Fitbits are affected by this and was given no reply.

I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok see people have been having issues since last year ! My blaze just stopped showing active minutes in feb and customer service is just say we are aware!! What a joke 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this same issue and it’s been about 2 years now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes