Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had an issue with the battery not charging on the Flex?

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Hi @NanaL

Thanks for your patience; we genuinely appreciate the troubleshooting you've all done up to this point to resolve the different issue you've experienced.

If you haven't already, check out the pictures we have for cleaning contacts. If the issue persists, reach out to us at contact.fitbit.com and we'd be happy to help!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

I just got my fitbit in July and it has always had issues charging. I have tried plugging it into different computers, I have restarted it, and I have cleaned it. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my second FitBit Flex and having the same issue - battery randomly dies without warning. What the heck am I doing wrong? I am so fed up.

Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NanaL I'm glad your Flex is back up and running. If you are having trouble with the band, you may need to go ahead and reach out to Fitbit Support for assistance. The Flex may be under warranty!

@Kax Thanks for trying out all the troubleshooting options. At this point, I recommend reaching out to Support; the team will be glad to take it from there.

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

Hi @betty12 It's unfortunate that your tracker isn't charging even though you've tried cleaning the contacts. If you're still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Support Team. I'm sure they'll be able to get you back on track in no time. 

If you want, you can pm your case number...Smiley Happy

Let me know how it goes. 

Ricky Community Moderator Fitbit

Training for life? Get Fit

Best Answer

@Ricky wrote:

Hi @betty12 It's unfortunate that your tracker isn't charging even though you've tried cleaning the contacts. If you're still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Support Team. I'm sure they'll be able to get you back on track in no time. 

If you want, you can pm your case number...Smiley Happy

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, I just emailed them and will let you know when I get a response.

NewAttitude
Best Answer
0 Votes

over the past month, when my flex gets down low on battery, I plug it in and charge to full, but then the next day it is dead.  I have to charge again, and then it is good for 4 days or so.  Anyone else heard of this issue?  I have only one alarm, and I do use the background syncing. I charged night before last, used all day. I went to bed last night at completely full.  Woke up using the alarm this morning and then 3 hours later, the darn thing is dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How come my fitbit won't charge.  I have it plugged into the computer since 8 am...  sitting at same "low status"

Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex tracker does not hold a charge. After a full charge, it is dead ( without any notice) within an hour.

The sync to my computer shows I have a fully charged tracker, but within  an hour it shows it is dead and no  longer will find or sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks to all the fitbit forum participants for encouraging me to contact
fitbit support!. I was honestly surprised at the positive responses from
fitbit. Although I didn't ask specifically to have my fitbit replaced,
they did so very promply. I was able to provide them with the original
receipt and within a few days they send me a completely new fitbit package.
It is working great so far, and I will be a repeat customer. Thanks all!!
I do love my fit bit.
NewAttitude
Best Answer
0 Votes

1 (877) 623-4997

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reached out to Fitbit and they were extremely helpful! THANK YOU
FITBit!! This is the way to success!

Best,
Michelle
Best Answer
I ordered the set of colored Fitbit Bracelets. The clip broke on one of them the first time I used it, can I order clip replacements or do I have to move them from bracelet too Bracelet til they all break?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fit Bit because I felt my problem was a little different.  The connection to the USB port was very loose.  They promptly sent me a new charging cord.  But I still have the issue of it not charging while in the chord.  This is BS.  It's not like this was cheap.  Shouldn't it also charge in a wall charger?  I can't get that to work either. Using rubber bands and paper clips is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@connorgram Thanks for posting.

I'm confident you'll be squared away! If the issue persists after the new charging cord arrives, plese be sure to let the Support Team know. We're always here to help!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought mine and it does not charge in my usb port unless you move it around the cable sucks. I have tried it on differnt computors same thing.

Best Answer
Such va bummer. I contacted service desk and was able to get a new one. I wish this would be reduced fir all all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex does not seem to sit in the device that attaches to the computer properly and will not charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having difficulty with charging my flex battery, I have cleaned the thing and finally given up! I just would like to get a net battery or something!

@Annettepc520 wrote:

Has anyone had an issue with the battery not charging on the Flex?

Best Answer

You have just decribed my life...... so frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes