Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had an issue with the battery not charging on the Flex?

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Hey there @Kamm @SunsetRunner @princessmom2000 ! Welcome to the Forums Cat Happy

Please follow the steps in this guide, including cleaning your tracker's contacts (here), trying other USB ports and restarting your tracker (here).

If your Flex is still not charging, please contact our Customer Support team here and let them know you've already done the troubleshooting.  Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

The number for Fitbit Cusitomer Service is (877)623-4997. All the people I have spoken with are extremely helpful, and will do whatever it takes to help youwith your Fitbit. Hope this helps!

Best Answer

How did you contact them? Whenever I call them, I get excellent service.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I emailed them they were very nice to. My amazement!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This tip helped me. It turned out one of the pins inside the charger was stuck all the way in, I used a paper clip and pushed it and wiggled it until it popped out. Now my fitbit charges with no issues (fingers crossed). This happend on a brand new fitbit

Best Answer

@book_nerd & @SunsetRunner welcome to the forums! Thanks a million for your amazing feedback. Our Support Team in indeed wonderful and very helpful! 

@arturo74r thanks for joining us! It's great to know that the restart helped your Flex to charge again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your buddy! Cat Very Happy Also, keeping your Flex's battery contacts clean might help to avoid any charging issues. Click here for step by step instructions.  Man Very HappyCat Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
that's great. I have had no problems at all since I make sure the
connection is complete.
--
Have a happy day! :cross_mark:'s and :heavy_large_circle:️'s
Carol
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to our new friend @connorgram! Thanks for joining us. I'm glad that you haven't had any problems by just making sure that the connection is complete. Let me know if you have additional questions!

Also, I invite you to visit the Discussions section in the Community! You'll find all sorts of interesting topics, including healthy recipes and tips on how to stay fit. Hope that you have fun! Cat Tongue

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This worked for my flex that was not charging but it needed the toooth brush to do the job.  Thank you!

Best Answer

@MustangLady Excellent! Thanks a lot for keeping me updated, it's great to know that the toothbrush did the trick with the issue your tracker was experiencing! Catch you later. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

Hello all,

I have this same problem with the battery not "sitting" in the charger. I've had my fitbit for almost 6 month and this has been an issue after just the first 2 weeks. I have read what others are using to help charge their battery and I thought I would let everyone know what I have found that works great, to help with the frustration of it. I use one of those black office clips. ACCO-Binder-Clips-Medium-1-14 I use the big one because I have found that it holds everything in place better, with enough pressure. I do hope Fitbit fixes this problem soon. There is nothing more agrivating then to have a product that you have to fight with every few days to charge it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on the Fitbit altogether after a replacement unit also stopped charging. It was just becoming way too frustrating to constantly clean it, press it into the charger, etc., etc. Now I just use my phone to track steps. It's not convenient, but clearly Fitbit has a problematic product.
Best Answer

@ejmjdar thanks for joining us and for sharing what worked for you! I you happen to experience an issue with your battery not charging then I recommend contacting our Support Team as they have specialized tools to take a more detailed look into your tracker's behavior. Good luck and keep me posted! 

@nkelleher welcome to the forums! Caqn't say that I'm happy you had to give up on your Fitbit altogether. Cat Sad Just out of curiosity, have you noticed if your tracker feels loose in the charging cable? If it does, then I would also suggest contacting Support for further assistance. Oh and please verify that your are using a a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device to charge your tracker. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. However, I don't recommend using a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. Good luck!

Catch you later! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

my Flex will not charge  - have tried cleaning connections but still no sign of any lights.  it was charged on friday so not sure what could have happened.  It worked fine on Saturday but has not recorded any steps today and does not respond in the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@morewind thanks for stopping by! Cleaning the contacts was a very good troubleshooting. Have you tried restarting your Flex? If not, then please try the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Keep in mind that charging fully may take up to 3 hours. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. I'll be around! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
Thanks – after about 10 attempts it is now working. Took overnight to charge even though I had charged it fully yhe day before – think it just had an attach of the ‘go slows”, hope it stays working now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all this (with the initial Fitbit and then the replacement) so many times that it's not even funny. Each lasted about 8 months. Can't spend any more time on it.

Nancy 

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes
Battery not showing lights when on charge,is it still charging?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@morewind thanks for the update! I'm glad to know that your tracker is now working as it should. Crossing my fingers but I'm sure it will be fine! Cat Very Happy

@nkelleher I'm sorry to read about the experiences you've had with your trackers. In case you encounter difficulties with your replacement tracker then I suggest contacting our Support Team for a second opinion. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. 

@LianneD1971 welcome to the forums! Your tracker should light up when you charge it. There must be some blinking lights indicating that your Flex is charging. If it's not, then I recommend restarting it with the instructions from the post above.

Good luck! 

Best Answer
Thanks for your advice,I will definitely do what you have suggested!!
Once again many thanks
Lianne x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes