Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had an issue with the battery not charging on the Flex?

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

@LianneD1971 it's great to hear back from you! Thanks a million for troubleshooting this issue along. Please keep me posted with the outcome. Hope to see you back on track real soon! Cat Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Hiya,
Wanted to let you know I'd ordered a new charger because thought that might be the problem as it kept coming apart when I tried to use and battery wasn't lighting up as I said,unless I held it.
New charger has arrived today tried it out and battery lighting up so all good!
Thank you for your advise though will definitely keep it in mind if I run into anymore problems regarding my Fitbit
Take care 😊

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LianneD1971 It's lovely hearing back from you! Reading that all is working now is like a ray of sunshine. If you ever encounter any other issue, then I suggest contacting our Support Team.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

@LianneD1971 you're very welcome! Please do and keep me posted! Smiley WinkHeart

Best Answer

Hi, who do South Africans contact to resolve our issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thuli27 that's a great question! The email and chat options are available for the whole world to contact our Support Team. If you contact them via email, then I say it shouldn't take longer than 2 days for them to reply back. Now, the chat option is there for you to live chat with our Fitbit advocates. Smiley Happy Good luck! 

Best Answer

My daughters fitbit flex hasn't been charged for a few months. She wants to use it again and now I can't get it to charge, there are no lights at all. Any ideas? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was having the same problems,so my husband ordered me a new charger and that solved the problem,maybe try that!
Let me no how you get on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

@Staccab & @LianneD1971 thanks for joining us! @Staccab have you tried a restart? If you haven't already I suggest doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

@LianneD1971 thanks for sharing! That's also definitely a great solution. Hope to see you around more often! Smiley Happy Heart

Best Answer

Hello,

Well my flex fitbit won't charge, I went on line and followed all suggestions, cleaned it, put paper clip in hole on back, any  other suggestions?

thank you

kathy

Best Answer
0 Votes
i threw mine away as none of the suggestions worked, took it to istore they
could not help. Tried customer service they could not help. i think is life
span is two years...

Thuli Mavuso
Best Answer
Hi
Thank you, it's about two years old. However I see batteries are almost
fifty dollars. I am guessing I should just buy a new fitbit. (?) Now that I
got fourteen new bands from Amazon for $12.00. lol.
Where to buy battery?
Thanks
Kathy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thuli27 thanks for stopping by . What did our Support Team say? It's unfortunate to know what happened to your Flex. Rest assured, they are certainly tested to be durable and long lasting under the appropriate care.

If you haven't already I encourage you to take a look at the Wear & Care Guides, your Flex's Manual and this article on how to clean your Flex for more info and tips on how to improve your tracker's life. Heart Smiley Wink 

Also, our limited warranty provides replacements for trackers deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase. Sometimes depending of the region can be 730 days.

Feel free to post back, I'll be around! Smiley Tongue 

@Petrolia55 welcome to the forums! I'd suggest cleaning your tracker's contacts and then restart once more. After the restart, leave your tracker charging for at least 3 hours. Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. I have taken good care of it. The first
battery wouldn't charge about four months after i got it, they replaced it
free of charge. I have had this one for about two years. I will read what
you sent me, and keep trying. I miss it.
Thank you
I'm from Sacramento, so watching the SF Giants right now 😊
Best Answer

@Petrolia55 it's lovely to hear back from you! Awesome, give it a try and let me know how it goes. Smiley Tongue How did the SF Giants game go? Smiley Wink

On a different note, I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. In there you'll find lots of interesting topics to pick from and I'm sure you'll make lots of Fitbit friends.

Hope to see you around more often! 

Best Answer

Well I'm glad you got a new one 

Best Answer

Hello,

not sure if you will get this. No I have not gotten a new battery for my flex fit bit. I can't seem to find one, what's up with that? How long are they under warranty?

Thank you

Kathy

Carmichael Ca

Best Answer
0 Votes
They should be under warranty for one year. Just call fitbit
customer-service they should help you
Best Answer

@RebeccaAZ thanks for your input! This definitely sounds like something our Support Team can handle. Smiley Happy

@Petrolia55 it's nice to hear back from you! I'm forwarding your inquiry to our Support Team so they can further research. However, before I do so, could you please clarify to me if you have lost your tracker? I ask this because, you mentioned: " No I have not gotten a new battery for my flex fit bit. I can't seem to find one". I'll be looking forward to your new comments.

Also, just like @RebeccaAZ said, if you're located in the US and Canada your tracker is covered under 1 year warranty. I'll leave Fitbit's Returns & Warranty Policy.

Feel free to post back!

Best Answer
Hello,
No, I did not lose any part of my fit bit. The battery won’t charge. I don’t know where to get a new one. Maybe it’s the charger? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Kathy
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes